Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mo-S3

Rain X

19 posts in this topic

Put this on my widscreen a couple of weeks ago and in some ways its good stuff but its also bloody annoying when the wipers are juddering on the screen.

Can anyone tell me how to get this stuff off? The screen has been washed 3 times since. beerchug.gif

Have you cleaned the blades ?

So long as I do that and only use the wipers when there is water on the screen I don't get any problems at all beerchug.gif

blades get washed as normal with the car. I havent tried any special formulas on the screen or blades yet.

[ QUOTE ]

Some expensive aftershave then ??

[/ QUOTE ]

No you tart!! grin.gif

some other stuff that i can't pronounce the name of! yelrotflmao.gif

I used to use Rain-X alot but got fed up of the slow wiper smearing.

Used AutoGylm fast glass cleaner!

Riz beerchug.gif

Mo, try some Isopropyl Alcohol or the like. grin.gif

That's what I use whenever I put too much rainX on the screen smashfreakB.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

Your windows look different to everyone elses though when using Rain X!!!! Sad observation..... I like to be different!!

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Put this on my widscreen a couple of weeks ago and in some ways its good stuff but its also bloody annoying when the wipers are juddering on the screen.

Can anyone tell me how to get this stuff off? The screen has been washed 3 times since. beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They (Rain-X) have a special polish for that, which should take it off. I bought both at a gas station a while ago, but haven't put it on yet... (this doesn't help either) grin.gif

Maybe I'll try the rear window first eh? UHOH7.GIF

Would white spirit work in getting this off? Or am i gonna have too nip to the 7 11 for some Smirnoff??

One could try (forget the Vodka, better drink that and you won't care about the windscreen grin.gif), but I remembered this post from HC UK ( thread ):

[ QUOTE ]

I tried it once when I had my A Class and it made the wipers judder really bad.

I had to phone rain X to get a special polish to remove it from the windscreen.

I followed the instructions to the letter, so don't know why it didn't work for me

[/ QUOTE ]

May be the same polish I bought, that's why I mentioned it...

Does rain X make your windscreen look kinda multi couloured? If so, I think the police must be using it up here. I always wondered why their screens looked like that.

Is rain X worth buying d'yall think?

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

The 'multi-colouring' on the windscreen could be their 'detailer' using ammonia on tinted windows.

Not a fan of RainX...

Windscreen Protective Barrier:

In inclement weather, dangers are harder to recognize, don't compromise your own or passenger safety because you couldn’t see through a wet hazy windshield. Spray Castrol Accuvision™ on your windshield. It seals the microscopic pores of the glass with a non-stick, an invisible barrier that repels rain, sleet and snow. Water ‘beads.’ and then are removed by the aerodynamic air from driving. Improves all-weather visibility and also makes frost, snow, ice and bug residue much easier to remove.

·Clean and thoroughly dry glass surface, apply Isopropyl Alcohol to remove any RainX residue

·Spray Castrol Accuvision ™ on to a clean dry 100% cotton towel and apply to glass surface with firm, overlapping strokes.

·Allow drying to a haze and re-applying to ensure complete coverage.

·Finally remove with a clean, damp 100% cotton towel.

Remove from painted surfaces by flushing with water, do not use on plastic, as it will cause ‘fogging’.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

Thanks for sharing that info! Sounds like that's just what I need/want. beerchug.gif

Been reluctant to put the Rain-X on, because of the reports it being greasy and causing the wipers to smear. That's why it's still laying in the boot/trunk.

If it's that good I'll go get some of that Castrol Accuvision ™ and put that on instead. Big difference with Rain-X is this doesn't smear and it's not greasy right?

PS: is this available in Europe? Google doesn't find anything in the UK, NL or Germany... Just US and Canada... crazy.gif

i used to use it, but since using meguiars gold class wash feel it is not needed

Bushy

[ QUOTE ]

i used to use it, but since using meguiars gold class wash feel it is not needed

Bushy

[/ QUOTE ]

The Accuvision that is? So no difference then if you wash with Gold Class?

You got that from the States?