A4 2.5tdi Avant cvt tunig options ?

gizze

I have an A4 avant 2.5tdi, but it has the multitronic gear box, what tuning options do I have for this car if any ??

I had a bromleys unit on my '02 320dA touring, and had our '03 ML270cdi remapped by superchips. I don't find the A4 slow by any means, in fact it is faster than the BMW even though that was showing 190bhp +, but I know it can be bettered, so any ideas would be great.

[ QUOTE ]

I think there is a guy round here from AMD - worth talking to for any VAG group cars from what I've heard.

Hope all is well with you mate. beerchug.gif

SJD530d

[/ QUOTE ]

beerchug.gif

Hi SJD, Yeah, things are pretty good, still pop in to bmwland a fair bit, I like the place.

I should have probably kept the touring for another year tbh, but the ML came up at the right price so made the move, that lasted all of 4 months, sort of reminded me of an old bedford van I drove once wink.gif

I am hoping that one of the guys on here will point me in the right direction regarding remaps on the 2.5 tdi.

I see people are doing them but I am unsure whether they are any good with the Multitronic box?

• 4 weeks later...

<font color="red"> </font> DONT DO THAT !!!

<font color="black"> </font>

It is not possible because MULTITRONIC.You all know that it can take max 310 NM of torque.

Your 2.5tdi has allready 310 which is max.2.5 is great engine and i tkink you dont really need more HP.

If you chip it, you will destroy the chains and all these stuffs in your gearbox..Do it if you want a new gb:)

btw. what are your impressions about 2.5 with mu?

Spoke to a couple of people and they seem more concerned with the Fuel injectors than the gearbox, they say that they will limit a remap anyway.

Really, really enjoying the 2.5tdi with the multi, I took my mates remapped 130 (190bhp) for a day, did about 100 miles in it, along main road then round the north norfolk coast and back into Norwich, it had plenty of go in it but as soon as I got back into the city I remembered why I don't like manuals and diesels together, you are constantly changing gear as there is such a small band of usable power, 2k to 4k rpm.

I then took a demonstrator multi tdi out in the afternoon, but they only had a 2.5 and not the 1.9, which at the time I was a bit gutted about, however, straight away I knew I had to have the V6. It was so smooth and the power just seemed to go and go. It definitely felt alot quicker than his re mapped 1.9tdi and so so so much smoother.

Only slight concern with the multi is the lag when you first pull away, I have had 2 bmw steptronics and a Merc and they didn't have the lag of the multi, although after a few days I was completely used to it.

Also I get 35mpg round town and about 48 on a run, which can't be bad smile.gif