Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skyblue11

New A3 Rattles from Windows/Door Seals

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone else got any rattles from their door seals/windows on drivers and passenger sides? Happens going over bumps and under acceleration. Took my car to my dealer, head techie drove it for 100 yds, looked sheepish and said he'd had 4 or 5 do this and didn't know how to fix it. He was going to replace the door seals on another A3 this week and phone me if it cured the problem but I never heard anything.

When the windows are dropped the minimum amount, so that they still look closed, the rattle goes away. I noticed that when the window is fully closed, it actually pushes/stretches the door frame up a noticable amount. Does this suggest the sensor is badly adjusted and the motor is pushing the window up too far?

my dealer had to reseat the seals and stick some gunk on them. it's a common problem. try another dealer.

I've the same problem on my 2001 A3... the silicone sprays now doesn't works....

mad.gif

Sure the rattle does not come from the seat tilting mechanism?

I suddenly got a rattle after adjusting the seat travel and getting something out of the back. Went away after resetting the seat.

Symptoms just like yours though ... under acceleration and over bumpy roads

( arn't they all in Blair's Britain! fekr.gif)

My old Golf GTI T did this after the Regulators went (in both windows in the same month). I noticed that after my problem, the windows never went fully down as well.

Yours obviously go up too much and haven't got enough stability.

Try and lower them just a couple of mm (where they should be) and see if the problem goes.

Rattles are the feckin worst!!!