R32 v 111S

BURTON

Now then.. there i was just driving down the dual carriageway when a black elise came stroming up me arse!!

Being a stretch of road that i really enjoy i thought rude not to see if Mr Elise wants to play. And boy did he!!

Down to the first round about to let him catch up. Tyres squeeling!! and were off.. bang rev limiter change 3rd! traffic infront.. Car in the fast lane and shouldn't be! he under takes! i follow!

To the next round about. took it well. in hot pursuit! Another car in the fast lane that shouldn't be.. he under takes!! i flash my lights like mad!! Then the pull over i go past and they pull back out into the fast lane doing 65mph!!

Off i chase to catch him up. Catch him.. now goin onto the A14.. i go storming up the slip road following him... Start to real him in and have 5th and 6th to go!! he slows as turning off and sticks up his thumb i do the same and gave him a toot!

Ahhhh.. good fun!! my mates where impressed! and his car costs more than mine!! hehe..

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure about that. Yes, a well driven Elise should have got some distance on the heavier R32 but i wouldn't expect it to be much. A lot has to be said for driver styles, etc.

Sure they are quick and i know that a well driven Elise should beat an S3/R32 but i remember having a quick traffic light sprint against one in my S3 and there was nothing in it between the two cars and he was definately trying.

plus the Elise runs out of breath at about 120 whereas the S3/R32 has another 30mph in reserve so i'd guess that at about 100mph the Elise would be starting to lose a little pace whilst at that speed the S3/R32 would be getting well into it's stride.

I've not looked at the stats but i know that the elise is quicker to 60 but i'm not so sure about the in-gear times? I would guess that the elise would drive rings around our tanks on a track though beerchug.gif

Mate's just got a 111s and has only just run it in. Waiting to see what its like when it meets the S3 sekret.gif

Last time we were out together he was still running it in and had something studid like a 2,500 rpm limit - I've never had to wait for something so much in all my life SLEEP5.GIF

This harps back to the 'my car is quicker than your car' post SLEEP5.GIF

Ok so the R32 'may' or 'may not' be 'quicker' - define quicker................. 10 seconds, half a second, 500th of a second on and on we go......... surely we should consider the 'fun' and 'grin' factor as well - as they are just important (if not more so).

Car for car and fun factor - I would choose the Lotus......

........... //grumpy old bloke rant over// ROLLEY~14.GIF

There's nothing wrong in comparing cars as long as you're fair with your comparisons. We all love cars so it's obvious that you're going to want to compare them with others. I wasn't for one second getting into any 'my cars better than yours' discussions cos at the end of the day we all love the cars we have. I really like the elise and if it was just a little wider, i'd have one now but i felt just a little too cramped in it when i test drove one, same for the VX220 unfortunately too frown.gif

i dont think there's any argument that the Elise will be infinately more fun to drive compared to our barges!

[ QUOTE ]

Yawn, R32 against the world AGAIN post yawn.

R32 narrowly beats .... yawn.

Why is it, of all the different cars owned on here, it is the R32 which always seems to be associated with this sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they've got a chip on their shoulders cos all of the other cars have REAL leather whilst they have to make do with PVC... Opps... Leatherette jump.gifjump.gifsmirk.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I was'nt gonna mention 'my diesel is quicker than an R32' but now you have mentioned it..........

but this whole R32 point scoring really is getting a bit tiresome, can we start a 'my boot is bigger than your boot' or 'my ICE is louder than your ICE' or 'my seat belt comfort bands are better than you seat belt comfort bands'.................. SLEEP5.GIFSLEEP5.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

[childish mode on] My Mk2 Golf beats R32s![childish mode off]

Just thought I'd add that. ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And i know why that is Alex!!!

Look it was just a simple comparision! Just saying that my R didn't do too bad! It was all sporting fun! And my R is not Standard!!

Just interesting to see how the R stands up against other cars!! Considering the Elise is just under 900kg and the R is 1400 odd!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[childish mode on] My Mk2 Golf beats R32s![childish mode off]

Just thought I'd add that. ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And i know why that is Alex!!!

Look it was just a simple comparision! Just saying that my R didn't do too bad! It was all sporting fun! And my R is not Standard!!

Just interesting to see how the R stands up against other cars!! Considering the Elise is just under 900kg and the R is 1400 odd!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it with some of you guys, loddrick in particular !!!, shao, fatcat. All the guy posted was a little tale about his driving at the weekend and you 3 come steamin in posting r32 this r32 that faster than this faster than that.

I don't see any where in Burtons original post where he says anything about his car being faster better etc.

Some of you fellas just seem to be willy nilly posting dung.gif to get a reaction/rise out of some people.

More and more of the posting now is just nonsense, maybe its time some of the mods looked at this crap, it doesnt make good reading and getting very very repetitive. Everyone likes a bit of banter but until you can come up with something other than the same old dung.gif you always dredge up, then read the posts have a laugh and post something with a bit of credibility, or at least worth reading.

Now you can all have a go at me for what is only my opinion but i am sure there are many more reading this agree rather than disagree.

craig

Nope, but I think that if from now on we stop replying to these sort of posts, eventually nobody will post them.

There is a place where all of you people who like posting stuff like this will feel much more at home.

Scoobynet

As for me in particluar, well, I remember, as do a lot of regulars on here, a time when this sort of thread was few and far between, since the advent of the R32, they seemto be more and more frequent.

I made a point of this a while back and the pro-R32 bias was ridiculous and the thread culiminated in one intelligent R32 owner informing me that I should not be posting there as it was "our" (as in their) forum and why was I posting there as I did not own an R32, for me, that summed up the sort of mentality which seems to be all too evident in some quarters.

I take onboard what you are saying Craig and I see your point, you may not have been aware, but most recently a few R32 owners were involved in a thread on how their R32's were quicker than an S3, after a while this whole thing got quite tedious and repetitive with no substance whatsoever except 0-60 times and the odd cry of 'my R32 is quicker than yours........................' etc etc.....

I tried to get a couple of R32 owners to turn up at Bedford Autodrome and put their theories to the test, alas we had no takers........

Lodders is right in a way, the R32 bunch do seem (not all)to want to always prove a point on the ability of their car, the point I've always made is that being 'quicker' is not what it is all about.....

Hence the remarks that both Lodders & I made.

beerchug.gif