Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin M

Important documents - helpful holiday hint

11 posts in this topic

I do an extensive amount of travelling and offer a helpful suggestion to those about to go on holiday.

Email your own Hotmail (or other webmail account) a scan of your passport, driving licence, insurance or any other important document.

If you lose the original, you can then pop into any internet cafe and print off a copy for the authorities.

[ QUOTE ]

I do an extensive amount of travelling and offer a helpful suggestion to those about to go on holiday.

Email your own Hotmail (or other webmail account) a scan of your passport, driving licence, insurance or any other important document.

If you lose the original, you can then pop into any internet cafe and print off a copy for the authorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a most outstanding suggestion - one I've been doing ever since I had *everything* stolen at the airport lol.

Hello, I need a temporary passport.

Do you have any ID?

*headbut*

Not good if someone hacks in to your mailbox. they have your identity!

Not good if someone hacks in to your mailbox. they have your identity!

Chances of that are slim, especially as I change my password regularly. Chances of losing your documents are much higher (then someone else has your identity and you don't have a copy!). I'm comfortable leaving my images on Hotmail, they aren't a high enough resolution to print direct copies that would pass as fakes either.

And there's nothing stopping you from deleting them when you get back home.

or...

photocopy your details then keep them with a colleague in work.

then if you are stuck ask them to fax you the copies.

element of trust i know but is a bit safer than hotmail as hotmail isnt the most secure around.

OR

dont lose your documents!

As the man says though, as long as you don't scan them in at 99999999dpi they won't be able to be passable as fakes.