Important documents - helpful holiday hint

Colin M

I do an extensive amount of travelling and offer a helpful suggestion to those about to go on holiday.

Email your own Hotmail (or other webmail account) a scan of your passport, driving licence, insurance or any other important document.

If you lose the original, you can then pop into any internet cafe and print off a copy for the authorities.

[ QUOTE ]

I do an extensive amount of travelling and offer a helpful suggestion to those about to go on holiday.

Email your own Hotmail (or other webmail account) a scan of your passport, driving licence, insurance or any other important document.

If you lose the original, you can then pop into any internet cafe and print off a copy for the authorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a most outstanding suggestion - one I've been doing ever since I had *everything* stolen at the airport lol.

Hello, I need a temporary passport.

Do you have any ID?

*headbut*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not good if someone hacks in to your mailbox. they have your identity!

Chances of that are slim, especially as I change my password regularly. Chances of losing your documents are much higher (then someone else has your identity and you don't have a copy!). I'm comfortable leaving my images on Hotmail, they aren't a high enough resolution to print direct copies that would pass as fakes either.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

or...

photocopy your details then keep them with a colleague in work.

then if you are stuck ask them to fax you the copies.

element of trust i know but is a bit safer than hotmail as hotmail isnt the most secure around.

OR

dont lose your documents!

• 11 months later...
  • bison unpinned this topic