1994 Audi S6

rmmacauley

Mmmmm, nice car - especially at the price. It must be worth at least 1000 times that much! wink.gif

No, honestly - that 5 cylinder engine (especially with a turbo) is one of Audi's highlights. If it looks genuine and is in reasonable condition, I suggest you go for it.

Figures from What Car?:

230bhp/5750rpm

258lb ft/1950rpm

Vmax 152mph

0-60 6.8secs

Touring consumption 26.3mpg

Oh, and it is genuine Torsen. Haldex is the abomination dreamt up for the new smaller, transverse-engined, cars. FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

No, honestly - that 5 cylinder engine (especially with a turbo) is one of Audi's highlights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right with Peter here, love the 5 cyl 2.2, wonderful noise, easily tuneable due to the strong quattro-rally block. In fact, I think the fastest I have ever accelerated was courtesy of that powerplant, a friends 1993 S2 with AmD input that made 430 lb ft on the first dyno! Now approaching 110k and not quite as powerful, perhaps only RS2 pace now....

Ian C

[ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly it was worth around 36k when it was new. Now for less than 4k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell you have a good memory! Didn't think they were that much, although the whole super estate thing was fresh back then, RS2 was yet to be born! Dug out my prized 20th October 1993 Autocar & Motor [as it was called back then]. Prized as they went to the Nurburgring with the then new McLaren. Anyways, it has list down as £34,094. So top marks Mr Crash.

Ian C