Tuscan oil temps??????

buzy

Hi ppl, 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

I now have a 2002 tuscan S... a couple of questions to what you think... beerchug.gif

They told me to wait for the oil to heat up to around 60 degrees C, before going above 2500 rpm and then wait till 80C to go above 3500rpm... The strange thing it that it was a hot day yesterday, and i was driving it for 20 mins slowly, and the oil didnt go above 70C.

The other thing is that when you do drive it hard, they told me to whatch the oil not to go above 95C... is this possible?, with just a span of 10-15 degrees to drive it hard? do you think this is accurate? or should i just go install an oil cooler or something?

Thanks in advance... im also gonna email tvr and see what they think.

Takis

i think the official book tells you to wait to go above 60C before whipping it.

Usually i don't give it anything till 60C... then start giving it some more and above 75C - fill your boots.

I have the same thing that if i get plenty of air flowing through it and give it no revs, like crusing on the mway in 5th, it won't go above 75C....

The other thing is you have to warm the tyres, the transmission and the brakes through. Its usually 20 mins before i can really start working the beast.

i think the highest i've ever seen the oil go on my t350C was about 95C... Can't say i look at the oil temp that often after its warm. Usually oil and water both sit around 90C in normal use.

hope that helps some... let us know what TVR say.

Ta

N