New member needs help !

sht

Hello all!

My name is Kenny from the North West / North East of England (depending on which hospital I am based in as a doctor).

I have an Audi TT 225 BHP that was chipped by AMD - most happy with the conversion. I am now considering the Miltek exhaust with sports cat + Viper dump valve : is this any good and how loud is the noise in the cabin?

Most grateful for your help.

grin.gif

Hi Mate,

Welocme to Tyresmoke.net!

If you have a TT Coupe then I would check to see if the sports cat would be louder than a normal miltek install as aparently this can cause a 'booming' sound in the cabin, if on the other hand you have a roadster then I'd say go for it. Can't go wrong with an all aluminum DV and I think the Miltek exhuasts are the best you can get for 'Prestige' marques.

Just out of interest what bhp do you get at the moment with your conversion and does this effect your mpg a lot?

beerchug.gif

Car was chipped in Nov 2003 :

286 BHP at 5400 RPM

276 lbft at 4900 RPM

saying that, the dyno plot shows :

260 - 270 bhp between 2800 - 5500 rpm

260 - 270 lbft between 2800 - 5500 rpm

which I presume is more representative (the figures I quoted first were mere peaks on the graphs)

In terms of mpg, "enthusiastic" driving gives me 260 miles with Optimax. "sensible ie 80 - 90 mph" gives me 320 miles