Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maersk

2.0 TDI fuel consumption

37 posts in this topic

Our A3 is up to 6400 miles and I'm getting around 48ish MPG, Girlfriend still in the 50-54MPG though. She is never in a hurry!

Bloody Golf is bad though went out for a trip to Weston Super Mare and averaged 43 and I was taking it real easy! Thats up to 6500 now.

Cheers

Tone

Yup - have noticed that my new A3 TDI is getting around 8-10 mpg less than my old Bora 1.9 pd. I'd expect it to improve but at the same time I'm gingerly using the A3 until I've got 1000 miles on the clock.

Currently averaged 47mpg over the first 300 miles.

Just under 3000 on the clock and its settled down at 47 mpg. Do about 40 miles a day and take it steady and Im getting about 510-520 miles per tank. Just been on a long run at the weekend and got it upto 47.1 mpg but struggling to get anymore. Maybe this gets better as the car gets older?

I guess it depends how low you let the tank get, but I did 500 miles on my last tank, and put in 55 litres. That still only makes it 41mpg. I think the DIS is a bit optimistic on mpg: it reports an average of 40.1mpg for the 3000 miles I've done so far, but the real average is about 37-38.

Mine A3 2.0 TDi now has 4 miles on the clock and I'm getting an average of 45 mpg, I am hoping this will improve to 50ish when the engine loosens up properly.

I may try that ZX1 stuff as well for further MPG improvement

I guess I must have a heavy foot or something FIREdevil.gif Done just over 10k miles in 9 months and my average is 39.3mpg! Still I guess it's better than any petrolhead could manage, especially with my foot!

Ours has an average of 47.5 between 4000-6500 miles. I thinks thats ok. Our old 1.9 A4 TDI (130) use dto do well into the 50's but with a bigger engine and newer its ok.

Apparently when they get to 9000+ you'll start to see better consumption (according to salespeople in the showroom). But we will see. The performance is great and I still love the DSG.

Guess its something to be a bit patient on eh?

Tone

Mine is averaging overall 43.9 after 9k miles. That is also with a re-map and I don'e drive it that easy.

My 2.0 TDI DSG S Line has 1500 miles on the clock and has so far averaged 47.1mpg. Got 50.1 out of it yesterday on a 120 mile trip combining motorway and town driving. Best mileage out of a tank is 542 - it was VERY low when filled - the computer showed remaining mileage as '0'! So far am well pleased with the car - my only complaint is a bit of lag on the turbo at lower revs sometimes. Would be interested if anyone else has had similar experience.

SPericani2.gif

i've been running my 2.0TDI for nearly a year now, running on Shell Diesel Extra, i average 46 - 56 mpg round the town depending how i drive it, certainly no lower than 44 if i hammer it.

On a run, I took it from newcastle, to london, around london, upto oxford, into aylesbury, back to oxford then back to newcastle, grand total of just under 700 miles and the first fuel lamp hadnt come on, it got about 63mpg on that run ..... fantastic mileage i say!

Diesel Power!!! smile.gif

Hi, mine does around 520 on a tank, so not too bad, tried turning off the c/c for a tank, but didnt really make much odds

Joining in if you don't mind with my 2.0Tdi MkV Golf 4 Motion. 12 months old and 5000 miles.

Despite the extra weight of this model, I see an average of 41mpg and nudge 50 mpg on a motorway run in the 70'mphs.

Dare say I could do better with the cruise set at 56mph.

Very pleased with this economy and performance.