PHAT NOISE

A3_DSG_SPORT

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Is that the in car MP3 player, or the CD of dawn french getting nekid???? yelrotflmao.gif

Have a look through the A4 forum, several people have raved about phat noise, especially integrated with the standard audi stereo.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, its meant to have 20gig worth of mp3 storage space, but i was wondering how good the voice activation system was??? it could stress you out if it didnt understand a word ur saying, and cant find any songs to play.. lol..

[ QUOTE ]

The voice part is just track detail announcements. No voice activatin IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

so really apart from the 20gig storage of mp3.. theres no point in this thing?? i mean £699 isnt cheap and if i was to get it, i'd expect it to be something special.. but at the moment, it sounds quite pants...

read the A4 thread on this and doesnt sound so temtping now.. well.. not for 699squid... suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is that an installed price?

I was asking my stealer about it a couple of months ago and IIRC it was about £499 + VAT if you wanted the unit on its own to install yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats still nearly £600 which is a huge amount for that, especially when you could get an ipod, and stereo adapter for around £450.

I've just got one free with the 6. Just putting 135 cd's on to it now. It's easy to take with you as it uses the existing mounting point and cable. and it tells you the name of the track and album throught the speakers. to use it you just use the cd buttons on the audi head unit.

The software that comes with it is so easy to use as well, and they do a home player that integrates with your tv and stereo so you can take the cartridge out of the docking station in your boot and put it in the house!

[ QUOTE ]

I've just got one free with the 6. Just putting 135 cd's on to it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that the PhatBox is great, but I would expect you to be out driving your car right now, not playing about recording CDs - or have you not actually taken delivery yet?

because it's a well thought out and designed bit of kit thats supported by the audi network and it fully integrates with the cars existing controls. It also is hidden in the boot, unlike the Ipod where you have to come up with custom installs for it dependant upon which vehicle you choose. If you have a look on the phatnoise website you will find a lot of usefull info about it and the home versions.

[ QUOTE ]

That's why I'm draw to it. At the end of the day it fully integrates with the existing setup and if you get any problems you can always go back to the stealer.

I've nearly talked myself into buying it ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the problem, there are too many expensive options on audi's, and there are lots of people on here that recommend them.

Don't pay the asking price, Listers will do it for 450 fitted if you ask nicely. Or just import one from the states as there is no difference between the uk and us versions and it takes 45 mins to fit.

snail - I'm only recommending it because I have used it and if you barter it can be a bargain. plus it's quite cool when it announces the cd you have just picked! saves you taking your eyes off the road.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't pay the asking price, Listers will do it for 450 fitted if you ask nicely. Or just import one from the states as there is no difference between the uk and us versions and it takes 45 mins to fit.

snail - I'm only recommending it because I have used it and if you barter it can be a bargain. plus it's quite cool when it announces the cd you have just picked! saves you taking your eyes off the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

listers?? who are they?? they can do the whole thing for 450?? where how when?? more detail pls.... notworthy.gif

Me Too !! 169144-ok.gif

I've just returned from my dealer and they want £647.85 inc VAT just to supply it EEK2.GIF

The part numbers I'm after are :-

ZGB 000 057 1101

000 057 110C

4B0 051 735B

I'm trying to see where else I can source them at the moment so if anyone else has any ideas then please let me know. 169144-ok.gif