Scoob vs 911 (996) C4s

A freind of mine is picking up a 911 C4s on the weekend (hopefully). My car is a MY99 uk with around 270/280bhp and ran 13.4secs @100mph (with loadsa wheelspin and a slipping OE clutch).

None of my mates have ever had a quicker car than mine...is this about to change?

I know they are quick on paper but when I last went to porsche dealer I told the saleman I was interested in a porsche but it had to be quicker than mine...I was looking at the c4/c2 etc and he said they would struggle to keep up with mine. (he then started talking me into a 996 Turbo - but thats another story).

Just curious.

I have a 'plan B' wink.gif

Bob

another test was done with a mates EVO6 and a friends GT3

and they stayed together till the EVO ran into it's limiter, above 150.

I could follow the evo without any problems and that was with my old setup on the scooby running close to 300-310bhp

(scooby 98 and 996 GT3)

• 1 month later...

hi there guys

im a newby in this forum. from South africa so i dont really know the cultures here in your forums but from the few threads i read, i think it awesome in here.

First of all, Blue, you gave PorcheBoxter a real hammering he deserved. Loved it, no forum need guys like that.

Now, i have 02' STI. Its still stock. i love the car but man the lagging below 4000rpm is killing me. What do you guys recommend. Will an exhaust and ecu upgrade do the trick?