Number plate spotting

shao_khan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps I am thicker than my mum has me believe but how does this thread exist when we cannot put the reg plate along side normal spots? For starters, other peoples plates are public and not hidden. No idea why it is a problem to put 'Spotted, Shao Khan in his black tractor, R33TLE, M1, 6:20am Monday' or whatever. Do not wish this post of mine to come across in the wrong way, but surprised nobody has picked this up after the statement appearing at the top of the 'spotted' forum being added just 2 months back.

Ian C confused.gif

Ian,

We do not want to associate known persons (IE TSN'ers) with plates to allow specific people to be identified.

So "I spotted Scooby Simon legging it down the M1 at 69 MPH (moi speed, never) with his new private plate S1 MON" (not mine) would be a NONO3.GIF

But Spotted a green Scooby legging it down the M1 at 69 MPH (moi speed, never) with plate ABC*** is OK because it does not actually identify anyone, or, Spotted a green Scooby legging it down the M1 at 69 MPH (moi speed, never) with plate ABC*** was it you scooby_simon ? is also OK as again it does not identify anyone - I can also choose to ignore the post and not let on it was me.....

We do have to be a little careful as I am not sure how many green P reg Scoobies there are in herts, but it might not be me.........

That's about it and (all) please understand if a 'spotted' post gets a MOD for these reasons....

Don't link 'smokers with their [speeding] actions, totally understandable and nobody here questions this.

However, what I do not understand is why 'nice' plates and cars are being posted above, when 'regular' spots, like my S8 last week, are required by TSN to have their plates disguised.

Ian C confused.gifx2

Spotting a random X5 with a personalised plate, (and lets face it, all X5's have them), is different to posting the reg of a users car, which may have details posted in other threads relating to it's location, specification, when the user is on holiday, how much their stereo is worth, where they put the spare keys etc.

Keeping users cars anonymous just makes it all easier I guess.

(And Gaby's married to Colin Peel, who I believe is a singer.)

[ QUOTE ]

Don't link 'smokers with their [speeding] actions, totally understandable and nobody here questions this.

However, what I do not understand is why 'nice' plates and cars are being posted above, when 'regular' spots, like my S8 last week, are required by TSN to have their plates disguised.

Ian C confused.gifx2

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian,

Its no problem posting an interesting number plate you've seen cos it's out there in the public domain anyway.

However what we're trying to avoid is linking forum members with number plates (some don't mind and are happy to have photos of their car with the plate on show, but others always obscure the plates).

There is a couple of reasons for this. If someone didn't like you for some reason (maybe a post you'd put up upset them or they'd just taken a dislike to you) then if I put a post up saying "Spotted, Porsche Turbo 1ANC, was it you Ian?" then firstly they could if they so wished trace you via the plate, or they might see the car out and about and decide to damage it.

The problem is that these boards are totally open to public view, anyone could be looking for any reason, and therefore a degree of anominity is desirable.

So whilst saying "I saw a car with the numberplate TW4T today" is fine cos no one knows who it is anyway, we prefer only to put a bit of someone knowns plate up, if at all, so if I thought I saw you in your Porsche I might put "Hi Ian, saw you in your Porsche **NC today".

Hope that makes sense! 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Spotting a random X5 with a personalised plate, (and lets face it, all X5's have them), is different to posting the reg of a users car, which may have details posted in other threads relating to it's location, specification, when the user is on holiday, how much their stereo is worth, where they put the spare keys etc.

Keeping users cars anonymous just makes it all easier I guess.

(And Gaby's married to Colin Peel, who I believe is a singer.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, theres an even better explanation for you! smashfreakB.gif

beerchug.gif