Speed warning buzzer

graeme86

It's not a VAG-Com thing.

On the S3 you just push a button on the DIS when you reach the speed you want it to warn you at, from then on it will warn you whenever you hit that speed.

Actually you can set it to warn you at two different speeds.

That will only set it temporarily for that journey only. With keys in the ignition on Posn 1 press the clock button (clock etc should now show up) Press it again for 2 secs and you will see the DIS show speeds, use the DIS toggle on the right hand stalk to change it. Once you have it set to the desired speed then leave it a few secs and hey presto its set !

Graham

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

That will only set it temporarily for that journey only. With keys in the ignition on Posn 1 press the clock button (clock etc should now show up) Press it again for 2 secs and you will see the DIS show speeds, use the DIS toggle on the right hand stalk to change it. Once you have it set to the desired speed then leave it a few secs and hey presto its set !

Graham

[/ QUOTE ]

It brings upto the mph logo with a number 2 next to it, does this mean I can set another speed? if so how

Personally I find it really annoying.

When I first got the car I accidentally set it to about 35 and couldn't be bothered to find out how to stop it. So that journey (urban-ish roads) it was going off every minute. mad.gif

#2 has always been set at 135 so if Liz hears the beep she checks to see if i have washer fluid and if not she knows instantly i'm being a very naughty boy wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I find it really annoying.

When I first got the car I accidentally set it to about 35 and couldn't be bothered to find out how to stop it. So that journey (urban-ish roads) it was going off every minute. mad.gif

#2 has always been set at 135 so if Liz hears the beep she checks to see if i have washer fluid and if not she knows instantly i'm being a very naughty boy wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LOl Ill have to try that

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I did the same when I picked up my S3. Didn't want to stop driving and get the manual out to find out what I'd done. ECLIPSe.gif

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...