anyone good with places in the uk ?

Tomk

ok want to take other half away for a break (tues to friday) in a month, was going to do paris or something like that , be she wants to go some were surrounded by woodland, four poster beds, like a health farm, spa's treatments, any ideas ? ive no idea were to start ! got to be in the uk, maybee somewere in wales? budget - say £500 ? really need help on this !

New Forest, Cotswolds, Brecon Beacons & Snowdonia are all lovely areas that I'm sure would fut the bill. But I don't know of any specific places I could recomend.

I'm off to Combe Grove Manor this weekend for a friends wedding. From what I've heard it's all very nice & has plenty of facilities for the ladies.

Happy hunting.

Al.

You might want to consider Seaham Hall up in the North East.

Unfortunately, its surroundings aren't up to much - Seaham's a bit of a dump, but the hotel itself is total luxury and they have an "Oriental Spa" (whatever that is). Might be a little over your proposed budget though smile.gif

The other possibility is The Samling - it is surrounded by woodlands, but doesn't have a health spa. However, there's loads to do around that area, and they'll help organise stuff for you.

[ QUOTE ]

New Forest, Cotswolds, Brecon Beacons & Snowdonia are all lovely areas that I'm sure would fut the bill. But I don't know of any specific places I could recomend.

I'm off to Combe Grove Manor this weekend for a friends wedding. From what I've heard it's all very nice & has plenty of facilities for the ladies.

Happy hunting.

Al.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly is a cracking place Al. If I wasn't off to Poole tonight, I'd keep an eye out for you (my neck of the woods and all that !)

Try Hartwell House... again, its got a good spa, 4 poster beds and good food.... we took a tin of choccy body paint with us and they even cleaned up our mess without complaint..... leave your mucky shoes outside the bedroom door and the pixies come out and miraculously clean them overnight ! quite a place.

Not sure what it costs these days but they do good dirty weekend deals, its just outside Aylesbury on the A418 on the way to oxford....