Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snail

Stereo removal keys

52 posts in this topic

Just got the vagparts keys (eventually). Surprisingly easy to use and get the headunit out of the car.

Question here though is whats the best way of removing the keys from the headunit itself. I had to use a 'wiggle' motion in combination with sheer brute force to pull them out again. I've got the horrible feeling that I shouldn't have done this. Anyone got a better way to remove the keys than this?

I remeber they seem to get "locked" in - if you look at them from the side you either lift the key up a little or push it in to release them.

Sorry I can't remember exactly but you can see if you look at the way they are held into teh stereo.

Hope this helps

Martin

You can buy a full radio pin set for £39.85.

Audi, BMW, Ford, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mercury, Merkur, Porsche, Saab and Volkswagen. I use mine all the time. FIREdevil.gif

from snap on tools www.snapon.co.uk

£14.95 in this month's Retro Car

Anyone have any decent removal keys that lives near Surrey I can borrow today? I'm itching to install my phatnoise in the S3 but I need to remove the symphony radio.

sorted. Managed to get some removal keys from Halfords. An absolute swine to remove resulting in cut fingers!

Use those Picture hangers, the ones that are like an upside down triangle. Bend one in the correct shape. I use the ones that I found in my wifes IKEA picture hanging kit!! LOL

Worked perfetly well with the VW Gamma

The straight Sony keys fit a Gamma head unit as well. Did mine last week and it came out in less than 10 seconds.

You Need a set of these....................

590553-Snap-OnRadioKey.JPG

590553-Snap-OnRadioKey1.JPG

From your local Snap-On man - About £20.

You'll never need to buy radio keys again 169144-ok.gif

BUB beerchug.gif

post-5262-137914331596_thumb.jpg

Re Audi SatNav+, I have the Halfords Euro keys, but where are the slots to insert?

Cheers

Steve

Best way if you do want Audi radio keys is go in and order 3B0 051 530 They are 4 keys and ARE £4.50 + VAT

[ QUOTE ]

Best way if you do want Audi radio keys is go in and order 3B0 051 530 They are 4 keys and ARE £4.50 + VAT

[/ QUOTE ]

is that for the keys that fit the symphony II???? just audi will not sell them to me, and also he says they probs wont fit the 'S' II in any case! 169144-ok.gif

I have a pair of keys on eBay at moment, £5 for a pair, used to remove my Chorus II but will work with others I believe.

Just removed my Symphony using ones from Ebay came as part of an rns-e plug and play set. My experience was:

1) They cut into your fingers

2) You need four hands

3) I would be surprised if any of them work very well

In the ends I took out the trim units either side and pushed from the back with the keys in position. Then you can see which ones are engagewd properly and 'fiddle' with the ones that arn't.

I got a set with plastic coated handles, so they don't cut into your fingers. Can't remember where I got they - they have T10057 stamped on them if that's any help?

I think its that type which shred your fingers to bits...

NONO3.GIF

You are better off with the OEM ones.....try vagparts.. 169144-ok.gif