What the Cayenne says about you?

Adam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had 2 X5's and they are brilliant on the road! I wish they made one that was not a 4x4 and had no hill decent and no other fancy stuff that makes it the guts of £40k Wonder how much one would be with no fancy stuff on it? £25k???

The Cayenne is a class above the X5 I would say and would probably have the Turbo before a 4.8 X5! But I would have to sell my house first!

What about the pics of the new Audi jeep machine? It will sell like hot cakes! grin.gif169144-ok.gif

yes it is harsh but funny - I would love a turbo if I had loads of dosh and it was a third car but everyone I see in a Cayenne seems like they are just the type to prove they have more money than RR and X5 drivers - it is not like they are using the extra poke or handling

oh and mine would have to be in black so it doesn't look so hideously ugly - VW can make the identical shaped Toerag look presentable, why couldn't Porsche?

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

I've had 2 X5's and they are brilliant on the road! I wish they made one that was not a 4x4 and had no hill decent and no other fancy stuff that makes it the guts of £40k

[/ QUOTE ]

They do, it's called the 5 Series Touring.

No pointless 4X4, hill descent or jacked up suspension, just a decent 5 door estate car. Does all that 99% of X5 buyers require but is cheaper, quicker, better handling, more economical and better looking.

But not as impressive on the school run so better forget that! Flush.gif

Porsche Cayenne advert spot on, and applies to 90% of 4X4 offroad school run drivers!

[ QUOTE ]

IMO ... it is easily the ugliest front end of ANY car on the road.

makes me laugh that people buy it anyway because of its "image" and its obvious price tag.

when i see one in my rear view mirror i cant helping thinking theres a 6foot frog behind me!

[/ QUOTE ]

A six foot frog that'll outrun and outhandle not only yours but probably 90% of cars on the road. smirk.gif

true 169144-ok.gif

although at least i know where the roof down button is .... unlike most a4 cab drivers round here sportifs2.gif

had several sunny days lately. we went out the other day and only saw only one other cab with roof down. (and there are plenty of cabs round chester way).... guess most people buy em just for posing's sake. NONO3.GIF

Looking at all your profiles, the majority don't even own a Porsche. My wife has a Cayenne and we looked at the X5, XC90, RX300 and the Range Rover. Not one of them measures up to the Cayenne.

I also have a Porsche it's a 1988, 930s Turbo, now that is ugly, but very fast.

You people are jealous and need to go out more.

Capt

Yeh... I have no porsche... But I've dealt with a few of them at work also had the pleaseure of a Cayenne S as a run around, I loved it, had the chance to drive the Turbo a few times too power Awsome and so smooth. But at least I didn't hace to pay the fuel bills, I was averaging 13MPG in the Cayenne S. shocked.gifshocked.gif

Having driven X5's, Range Rovers etc...I would take the Cayenne hands down... The S model is so much better than the BM and RR, except on fuel! A diesel X5 is also hard to resist.

The Turbo Cayenne however can only be comparible to the RS6, E55 estates....

[ QUOTE ]

Looking at all your profiles, the majority don't even own a Porsche. My wife has a Cayenne and we looked at the X5, XC90, RX300 and the Range Rover. Not one of them measures up to the Cayenne.

I also have a Porsche it's a 1988, 930s Turbo, now that is ugly, but very fast.

You people are jealous and need to go out more.

Capt

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't need to own a Porsche to know that a 150+mph off road vehicle is just pointless! I've no doubt it's a very fine piece of engineering, but why would anyone want an offroader that fast?

And you only need to see one to form an opinion about it's looks (although maybe tastes vary your side of the pond).

And as for jealousy? Nah, don't think so. Tis true that I couldn't afford one, but even if I could it wouldn't make a jot of difference to the likelihood of my getting one I promise you.

Now a proper Porsche, different matter... notworthy.gif

Ari, two points

One, I am English not American

Two, A Proper Porsche?????? Well let me see, the last real Porsche , was the 911 Turbo, 4 speed box which was discontinued years ago, I should know I own one. The modern 911's are too soft and do not try to kill you.

Did you see JC's comment on top gear last night???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

had several sunny days lately. we went out the other day and only saw only one other cab with roof down.NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

The problems with the A4 Cab is that you can't be sure you're going to get the roof back up again. I've seen too many with it stuck half way up/down, shame on a beautiful car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... well can't argue too much with that I guess since I had several "failures" on my previous cabrio, but (tempting fate) my current one has been absolutely faultless!

Also, can't remember the last comment in the A4/Cabrio forum about roof failures. Fingers crossed they've cracked it! smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The modern 911's are too soft and do not try to kill you.

Did you see JC's comment on top gear last night???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but mine has tried on several occasions to kill me this weekend shtf.gif and no it wasnt my right foot or the lack of clutch control i have managed to develop after having a SMG M3... smashfreakB.gifFlush.gif