Fuel Gauge

Hopsta

Had the soot chucker a couple of months nearly (done 5k miles crazy.gif).

My fuel gauge never moves from the max for about a good 150 miles, then takes quite a while to even make 3/4. I know in general that you usually get more miles out of the top part of the gauge than you do the bottom, but is this normal for a diesel ?

Graham

...Oh, I also remember now (must be the old age) that I had "70 miles" left to go according to the DIS but on this volume, I added 63 litres from the pump into a 70L tank, which meant 7 litres left - about right - but the fuel guage was dangerously teetering on the empty. I gues it also depends on if you're on the level, up or down as this affects the fill sensor in the tank down ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Mine seems quite similar! I get about 650-700 miles out of a full tank and average 45-50 mpg on each trip - but then I am probably older than you lot and have the missus looking at speedo when it starts creeping into 3 figs!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I get about 100 miles out of mine before the needle starts to move, depends on how I'm driving and how much I decided to try and squeeze in to the tank!

I generally drive it till the light pops up and squeeze between 50-55 litres in there, I think the tank is 60 litres.

45-50mpg! man your woman must be on you like a hawk if you rev over 2500rpm, the only time I get that is if I'm crawling on the motorway at 60!

It might be my Maths, but I've done 358miles on exactly half a tank (according to the fuel gauge) and the DIS is showing 315 left. I can usually get up to 700miles from the tank (70L) if I drain every last drop. I suspect these figures don't add up (quite), but are not far off! I think the fuel gauge tends to let you know you have less fuel than you really have towards the end as a gentle reminder to pop into Tescos! ECLIPSe.gif