Wing mirror replacement

Skanksy

Has anyone any info on putting on my wing mirror unit.I am eagerly expecting my new one to turn up. Have had a look at the inside of the door panels and thought they might just come off with a "tug". But they didn't ! How do you get'em off without fu*king them up? Any info greatly appreciated .

Paul

It may not be very clear in the illustration but there are two bolts behind where the grab handle on the door, this plastic trim presses out and you will see them behind. There is also a screw on the end of the door panel just an inch away and inline with the "pop up" locking button at the end of the door, it may be under the rubber seal. The walnut trim just pulls off and behind there will be the plastic clips that hold the top of the door trim on, just push the centre bits of the clips in and that releases the tension. The door card will be held on with push in plastic studs, just ease the card away from the door and they will release. It may be worth going to the dealer and buying a handful of these as they do get broken sometimes, their only a few pence each.

Pleased to report new mirror unit fitted and working by my goodself. It is a relatively straight forward job.Not sure how i ended up with two screws left though.Unit cost me £270 from VAG. Audi wanted £309 plus about an hours labour, about £400.So up yours Audi. I bought a spanner set from Asda yesterday and i'm off to do my cambelt change now.

Seriously though, there is a strange thing happening with my mirror.When you use the memory setting the mirror tilts itself up skyward and that 'aint how it was before. Have i been a muppet?

iamwithstupid.gifiamwithstupid.gifiamwithstupid.gif

LOL, sorry, but that sounds quite funny...

The missing screws perhaps? I don't know what happened, but it's not supposed to do that. It folds back.

The D3 mirrors fold upward, but I think you would have spotted the difference. They look identical no?

If so, disassemble and reassemble... (you won't be the first, nor the last) wink.gif