Let the contest begin....

Hopsta

[ QUOTE ]

That seven is clearly photo-shopped smashfreakB.gif

I havn't got a DIS, so you'll just have to believe me when i say i have a 1000 mile range tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont even own a copy of photoshop geuniune read out from last night.

1000 miles you say, well I ermm dont believe ya tongue.gif

The most I have had, whilst trying to drive for max range was 630, I normally get an indicated 540 when I fill up!

Incidentally when i had the car serviced I had a loaner 130Tdi saloon (no Quattro either), and I managed to use 5% less fuel than in the quattro!

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but we all know your driving style Rob!

Ian C

[/ QUOTE ]

Now why didn't anyone tell me before I got the thing that you have to drive like a pensioner to get decent mileage out of them? Like : "Yeah it'll probably do about 35 to the gallon if you drive it quickly". All I was hearing was "I drive like a looney and get 700 miles from a tank!"

The average over the 3000 miles I've done has only just gone over 40mpg. I'm not impressed!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So har far are you expecting to drive with the Hand Brake on??

[/ QUOTE ]

Drill dear chap, in the jolly UK its an offense to use a mobile phone whilst driving tongue.gifSMOKE6.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Its still an offence to be parked up with the engine on, handbrake or not! the_finger.gifha.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but we all know your driving style Rob!

Ian C

[/ QUOTE ]

Now why didn't anyone tell me before I got the thing that you have to drive like a pensioner to get decent mileage out of them? Like : "Yeah it'll probably do about 35 to the gallon if you drive it quickly". All I was hearing was "I drive like a looney and get 700 miles from a tank!"

The average over the 3000 miles I've done has only just gone over 40mpg. I'm not impressed!

[/ QUOTE ]

That should still be way better than a petrol car. I do drive like a looney, yet still spend about the same as someone i work with who has a 1.8 petrol A4, does about half my daily mileage, and drives sensibly.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do I get a prize for the diesel with the worst range?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah that's my prize - avg 28mpg

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif

you can't have been trying very hard, 210 miles is the lowest i've had from my 180bhp seat cupra tdi, computer shows it gets about 8mpg at and indicated 140mph blush.gifECLIPSe.gif

Had it as high as mid 50s though if i'm driving like a OAP out for a sunday drive

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So har far are you expecting to drive with the Hand Brake on??

[/ QUOTE ]

Drill dear chap, in the jolly UK its an offense to use a mobile phone whilst driving tongue.gifSMOKE6.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Its still an offence to be parked up with the engine on, handbrake or not! the_finger.gifha.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if I was on a public highway, of which I wasn't.. so ha.gif back at ya tongue.gif