04 ASTON MARTIN DB9 M62 LAST WEEK

Braytak

Followed this car for about 10 miles on the way to Bolton.

The traffic was horrendous and we crawled for a few miles, every so often the driver would blip the loud pedal and I would just melt. What a glorious sound this baby makes. If a car could look any more beautiful I think I'd died and gone to heaven.

In the metal the AMDB9 sort of Gun Metal pearlescent, is without doubt the most beautiful car that currently graces any road in the world. You can stick your ferraris etc, it was an absolute pleasure to crawl behind it. notworthy.gif

Gave the oldish distinguished guy driving it an appreciative thumbs up before pushing on. He waved back in a kind of non BMW Driver sort of way. SMOKE6.GIF

WOW WHAT A CAR... 169144-ok.gif

It was a nice moment, I think we connected. He seemed to understand my gesture and seemed genuine in his appreciation.

I remember driving the Cab home after picking it up a year last April, an older guy driving a fantastic TR5 came alongside me and really showed his appreciation for the Cab.

We travelled some miles in convoy before parting company.

I remember feeling elated and it added so much to the great feeling of picking up your new car. I wonder if I'd have got that moment if I had picked up a 3 convertible, I doubt it.

That DB9 must be the most desirable car on the road right now. Agree with all of the above, you can stick your Ferraris and Lambos.

Re the appreciation of other drivers thing, remember driving out of London heading west along the M4 late one Sunday night. I was in my Golf GTI "making good progress" and there was a car a respectful distance back behind me, think it was a Porsche or something (was a good few years ago). I was driving quickly but carefully, blipping up to high speeds when it was completely clear, easing back to ghost past any traffic at sensible speeds and this guy was doing exactly the same. We drove in convoy like this for about 100 miles I guess before he peeled off at an exit but as he did so he gave a quick double flash of the headlights and I responded with a single flash of the hazards. No idea who it was or him me, but it was just two people using quick cars quickly and safely and appreciating each others driving. Weird how you can get these fleeting unspoken comaraderie moments, although never happened to me before or since...