Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UBM

Diesel Plus

13 posts in this topic

Got some yesterday. Added the 1mL per litre and will keep you posted. Have the average consumption of 50 hours of motoring and I'll see if this helps...

OK - starting point - 56.5 hours of motoring since the last reset and an average efficiency of 47.4 mpg. Lets give it a few weeks.

Last time I looked the overall efficiency had dropped slightly. I'll update again after the weekend. Seems to be getting 50mpg on the trip to work and back. Acceleration/power has increased slightly.

Spiiled some on my socks - it stank a whole load of washing out which needed to be re-washed twice to get rid of the smell! The Mrs was not too chuffed!

I'll post the figures for the weekend trip on Monday... 169144-ok.gif

well, another 35 hours of motoring and the average mpg including the 55hours before the diesel plus has DROPPED from 47.6 to 47.0mpg. Not sure whether to continue?

I've used Millers Oils Diesel Clean for years & find that the economy is a few MPG better with it than without it. Also, the power is better & I never have a puff of black smoke following me.

On my Corolla 2.0 Diesel I average over 60 MPG (this old girl has (160000 miles on the clock now) & on the wife's Passat TDi we average about the same.

A guy on Uk mark-iv's is doing a group buy on millers diesel plus at 7.50 a bottle including p&p (£2 for postage frown.gif ).

Is this a good price or will I be able to pick it up at a local supplier cheaper than this?

I buy direct from Millers Oil - Brighouse West Yorks - £40 (ish) for 5 gallons (I think)

Interesting - I have a few 'colleagues' sekret.gif down there and may ask them to get me one when they are coming up. How accurate is 'ish' grin.gif

How long do you get out of five gallons then??

Roughly speaking, 20 ml treats 5 gallons of fuel. So 5 gallons of product will treat 28,000 gallons of diesel! (ish)

Whew, some driving.

is there an equivalent of this diesel plus stuff for petrol then?

or is it like using optimax instead of unleaded?

Millers "Octane Plus" or Millers "Injecta Plus". Don't know which would be the one though.