[Audi A2] How much is it worth........................?

sidicks

February 2001 ('X' plate)

Audi A2 1.4SE

Metallic Silver

1 owner from new

Only 12,314 miles

Usual SE spec (Rev counter, electric front windows, climate control, Symphony CD player, split/removable rear seats etc)

Additional Options:

Full leather interior (Grey)

Full length sunroof ('Open-sky' system)

BOSE Stereo upgrade

Aluminum pack

Electric rear windows

Front Fog lights

Electric Mirrors

Excellent (genuinely !!) condition.

Place your bets about:

a) what the dealer offered me for it

b) what it's really worth.

Clue (b) >> (a) !!

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

Bear in mind that this was a straight purchase, not trade-in, but the dealer (who sold me the car and who has serviced it) offered me £6k !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeky f***ers! I was offered £10k trade in on the 1.6 SE when it had only 3000 miles on the clock, which I think was pretty shocking as it listed at nearly £17k new.

Dealers, eh! slap.gif

The dealers do make me laugh, when I was enquiring about swapping my A4 avant for a sportback a few weeks back they offered me £15k for my '02 2.5tdi avant, leather multitronic, heated seats, Nav +, heated mirrors, 17" alloys, new tyres, new discs and pads etc. so it could be sold with nothing spent on it at all.

When I said that I would want £16k as it was a £32k car and it booked out at £17250 trade, they said that with companies like oneswoop offering 10% discount on new cars that it affected trade in values.

My reply, "oh well if you are going to match the 10% discount from oneswoop with the sportback then I will take the £15k trade in"

Dealer "Oh no, we can't match the online prices"

So they use teh fact that their cars can be bought cheaper online when it comes to giving you a price for your car but not when selling to you, how convenient crazy.gif

Sounds like a nice motor sidicks.

I'd give you £7250 cash tomorrow for it if you wanted a straight sale. I could save up over the winter for the new S4 then. grin.gif

Is the RX8 for you or the wife? I did quite like mine but ultimately it didn't really press all the right buttons but still a great car for the money especially when you take into account all the std features.

BTW the offer was genuine. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is the RX8 for you or the wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the wife.

Basically we are thinking about starting a family soon (currently still practising ! 123576-assfeck.gifsmlove2.gif) and therefore need to plan ahead.

All being well, I think I'll end up getting rid of my M3 for something a bit more practical - maybe a new M5, S6 or RS6 in 18 months or so (but hopefully that will be no real hardship !!)

As this would be the main 'practical' car, my wife would like something a bit more fun, but which still has some practicalilty.

A 1.6 A2 might fit the bill, and we felt so would the RX8.

As per my previous post, the opportunity to purchase one immediately and thus skip the waiting list was appealing, and the £7,800 for the A2 offered by the Maxda dealer seemed reasonable fair (particularly given the miserly offer from the Audi garage).

The main reasons we chose not to go ahead were:

1) Looking to move house soon, and next to balance the budget - maybe wait a few more moneth until this has been sorted.

2) Did a search on the RX8 forums and it seemed there were quite a few known problems - I'm sure that none of these are insoluble (and as has been noted on here before, no-one posts to say "My car had no problems today....", so the picture was somewhat biased) but I felt I wanted to do a bit more research before I committed to the car.

Any other info you have about the RX8 is much aprpeciated !

Cheers

Sidicks

If you are still considering the RX8 I would have a look at the RX8 Owners club forum here That will give lots of details about the car and most of the members on there have had their cars since launch like I did.

I didn't lose too much too much money on mine but I think I was quite lucky as I know some panic sold and lost at least a couple of thousand if not more, mainly due to peoples initial concerns regarding fuel consumption.

My personal feelings about the car were that I was trying too much to compare it the the R32 that I had before it as it was roughly the same price, and TBH I prefered the Golf possibly due more to the sound of the engine and its ability to pull in low revs. Saying that the RX8 has a lot of std extras but you need to spec leather in order to get electric and heated seats. My only gripe about the interior is that the bolstering is too thin on the seat base so when you go around corners the top of your leg digs into the hard plastic in the side of the seat which if I had kept the car I would have had to get it padded and retrimmed.

Oil consumption...everyone seems to think that you have to top it up every fill of petrol which wasn't the case with mine. They say that you should check the oil every second fill of petrol but mine didn't drink any in the 1000 miles that I had it.

One more thing, the food blender engine can be quite addictive around the 8k - 9k revs ECLIPSe.gif

Boot space isn't bad but it does have a limited opening to it.

• 4 months later...

Mine is 1.6FSI 52reg 24k miles went to Finchley Audi, they don't even want to buy the car!! and West London Audi quoted between 7.5k to 8.5k and I have to call somebody they refer to check if he will buy the car! Such a service and all they want is to sell me another Audi! I think I have enought of that customer service! Anyone interested to make me an offer?

Reminds me of a similar pi55-take when my Father-in-law died a few years back.

He'd been a loyal customer to my local Toyota dealer for a number of years and was well known there.

He had bought a top-spec CDX Avensis with leather,sat-nav and every option available just 5 months before he passed away.

It had done 3,500 miles and obviously was as new.

The same dealership offered me 9k for it and kept a straight face when offering that money.

We ended up selling it privately for £13,500 and that was without breaking sweat.

I know they have to make a profit but what kind of profit?

That car would have been on their forecourt at 15k+ I estimate-just shows dealer loyalty only works one way! sportifs2.gif

Dealer Loyalty is worth F-all. As I have said previously I have had a few Audis from Wayside in Milton Keynes, didnt realise they hada 30 day buy back policy because if they had I would have returned the A4 as I just dont like it much. When I discovered the paperwork, all unsigned, never mentioned to us I spoke to the dealer and they were like totally uninterested, so last Audi we get from them, only had 4 in 3 years, but if they arent interested int he business then I will quite happily let everyone know what I think of them.