It' s all gone a little quiet over on the TT forum

PaulTT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rocketwhore.gif

I hate computers. I hate forums.

Well - we thought it was working - got up this morning (0500) to find that it's corrupted again - can't post. It's back in maintenance mode.

Gonna talk to Jae today and see what the hell is going on.

AARRRGGGHHHHHH

p.s. Tyresmoke people - thanks for letting us talk about the TT-Forum here beerchug.gif

I understand the problems and the length of time that they take to resolve, Kevin. Just one thing - I'm being highly 'picky' here - could you slip the date of the restoral in process on the front page, so that we can see whats happening .... just a small comfort factor, that's all. (As you probably guessed, I spend a lot of time in front of a screen in my job...)

Re the forthcoming London meet - if anybody else from the TT forum is hanging around here - please post a top 40 "year" request (1952-2002) and I'll knock up a set of MP3 disks to give out at the meet as I did last time.

I'm not sure if I can make it to the London meet yet (getting disaproving hints from Ms S) as I'm moving house on Monday and Tuesday. Will be back in London on Friday so I could pass the CD's onto WAK if I can't actually make it to the meet myself.

And hey - yes - thanks to tyresmoke for letting us 'lurk' around here whilst Kevin gets his spanners out to fix the TT forum. The whole episode with our TT forum going 'pop'(it wasn't JUST a technical issue...) has led people to look elsewhere, and this looks an interesting place to be, too.

Oh dear, am I getting addicted to forums - possibly, should I get out more - what, even more ?

Paul.

OK it looks like the ball has started to roll here ... cool.gif

WAK - had a look at your route, looks spot on, with just one minor adjustment, to do the 'loop back' onto the silvertown flyover, turn right off of Victoria dock road into Tarling road instead to avoid the refurbishment works underneath the silvertown flyover. PEDESTRIAN / HOUSING ZONE CARE AND OBSERVE ALL MOTORING LAWS ....

Re the stop outside the Excell/ sailing club entrance, the EXCELL centre itself has a HUGE amount of parking inside, may be something could be arranged there?

Good luck with the Greenwich / Cutty sark stop off, a beautiful sight.

Dn't forget Greenwich centre, Queens house, Royal Observatory, Greenwich park etc etc.

I will be 'offline' for a week or so during my house move. May be if I could exchange phone no's with other people who are attending, I will be able to keep in touch.

PC is being dismantled tonight so get those 'year' requests in and I will see what I can do.

If they have the TTotal effect (remember the stop at Trafalgar Square...) then it will be a good night cool.gif

Some final notes:

As you leave Bekton, and head south along the A1020, the roundabout shown is not longer there, it has been replaced by a set of lights.

Once through these lights, there is a 30mph speed camera as yoou approach the roundabout, which is one of those staggered roundabouts with multiple sets of lights on it.

As you approach the 4th roudabout on the Royal Albert way, you need to take the 3rd exit so as you continue back on the A1020. I think the one shown on your map is now a works entrance.

As you get to the end of Victoria Dock road, turn right at Tarling road to avoid the refurb works on the silvertown bridge. Then Jude st, past the church and then past a motel, then you are at the junction with caxton street north which takes you up over the silvertown flyover.

Entrance to Excell exhibition centre is as per your first stop, I see you have included an alternative stop a little further south - not tried this myself, looks ok though, you will get a good view of the Excell centre.

And finally, on your route into London along Shooters Hill Road, I believe that this road is shut due to long term roadworks - I suggest you divert through Blackheath (nice place) or Blackheath Common - again I haven't tried this part of the route.

That's it, have fun, don't forget, post your year request wink.gif

OK, the site was up... then I noticed that what Jae had done would cause a problem... so the site is back down again Flush.gif

Believe it or not, but things are improving... after work today I'll be developing a VBasic app to go through all the board index files, read the related message index files, and fix the board index files... should be finished sometime around midnight I guess.

Suggest you all go out for a ECLIPSe.gif... the TT forum WILL be back cool.gif