2004 - RS4

Gabster

Hmmmm, just had a chat with them and it was registered in August this year, they are still tryng to owkr out how it has done 20K in a month and a half (thought I was bad doing 6K in 6 weeks). It was sold in 2001 but not registered till now, strange thing is when I pointed out that your 3 yr warranty runs from the date of the PDI (whether you register it or not)they were surprised. Audi dealers, can't trust em can you.

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, just had a chat with them and it was registered in August this year, they are still tryng to owkr out how it has done 20K in a month and a half (thought I was bad doing 6K in 6 weeks). It was sold in 2001 but not registered till now, strange thing is when I pointed out that your 3 yr warranty runs from the date of the PDI (whether you register it or not)they were surprised. Audi dealers, can't trust em can you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on re the warranty. I can't believe just how dodgy that car sounds - you'd expect that sort of 'confidence' after a chat with a private seller. But a franchised dealer? Have a word! crazy.gif

Ahhh maybe there was a trade owner previous to this? and he ripped the b#lls off it on trackdays etc... being a trader he didnt have to register it, maybe just transported it around the country on a trailer.

Or maybe its a press car Audi were keeping off the dealership network until now?

Who knows....

Riz jump.gif

Got the full story now, just had a call from the sales manager, not the muppet I was dealing with earlier. It doesn't inspire confidence:

1. Car was stolen unregistered from AFN Audi late 2001

2. Car was recovered earlier this year in supposed mint condition.

3. Because it was stolen and recovered without any damage, it has been registered from August.

4. Audi have to inspect the car before they will offer a 3 year warranty on it.

HHmmmmmmm, I wouldn't want it after doing so many miles without history!

I wonder how well you'd drive a 'free' RS4 for 2 years! blush.gif

You know what makes me laugh? If it were an 'import' it would probably be at £35k and come trade-in time a dealer would be talking to you like it was built by a blind blacksmith in burkina fasso.

Yet with this car, having been STOLEN and having no history (wonder if they were able to take it into an Audi dealer for servicing) most likely thrashed on a daily basis, the dealer is doing his best to sing its praises and sell 'you' what is potentially a £40k disaster.

Amazing. They should all be shot. crazy.gif

not me grin.gif

now thats funny.

He should come in here for a 2nd caning. I liked the bit where he said that the car's history will be no different to any other used car with 20k!

and then he called it 'unique'!! Got that right!

Well done Sita for getting stuck in and telling it like it is too 169144-ok.gif

Good one! smashfreakB.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

erm guys, you won't believe it, but it looks like one of my nearby neighbours has bought this car...... EEK2.GIF

I've been parked up near to it in the residents bays in Richmond for the past few days and suddenly remembered about this thread.....

D'ya think I should drop an 'anonymous' note on his windscreen with this thread.....or best not upset any apple carts ?? UHOH7.GIF I don't know the exact person who owns it, but it must be someone on one of the nearby streets....

[ QUOTE ]

erm guys, you won't believe it, but it looks like one of my nearby neighbours has bought this car...... EEK2.GIF

I've been parked up near to it in the residents bays in Richmond for the past few days and suddenly remembered about this thread.....

D'ya think I should drop an 'anonymous' note on his windscreen with this thread.....or best not upset any apple carts ?? UHOH7.GIF I don't know the exact person who owns it, but it must be someone on one of the nearby streets....

[/ QUOTE ]

You could rock the boat...if he isn't aware of the history he should be...Audi should have told the new owner...If he/she took the risk knowingly thats fine but if Audi pulled a fly one the new owner should know about it IMO... Write that note T!