'Lumpy' running following re-map.

quattroboy

I posted this in the Audi section yesterday but thought it might be more pertinent directed towards fellow tuners.

OK, here's the story. A couple of months ago I had a Revo re-map with the 4bar FPR program done. Whilst I was pleased with the performance it wasn't running as smoothly as it had in stock mode. E-mailed a guy at Revo and he suggested chnging the DV which I did for a Forge. Situation got better but not perfect. A colleague at work drove it and said it felt like it was 'mis-firing'. Particularly noticeable on half throttle in 3rd & 4th.

So, yesterday I fitted a K&N panel air filter, took it for a quick spin and it's a great improvement.

Question is am I dreaming or have I found the solution? I have heard that one of the standard breather pipes can collapse at high revs causing a stutter and was going to look at some Samco hoses (particularly after Paul-S3's posting, very smart) but can't find them for the A3 quattro.

Even if this has cured it I'd still like to go for the hose upgrade. Any other similar experiences?

Hi mate,

Take your pick from one of the following:

DV (which you have changed)

MAF (quite likely)

Spark Plugs (was a problem on my s3)

Coil Packs

or the collapsing hose

Problem is when the car is in chipped mode all the above are under more stress, hence why the car might be okay in standard mode

Dunc