Brand new RS6

JamesB

Ok, I see how that might look. ROLLEY~14.GIF

So I'll try to qualify the statement:

I probably could have stretched to a plus but the standard RS6 isn't cheap in the first place and it would have pinched. So the extra £7000 would have been proportionally a lot more painful than what I have already spent, meaning I couldn't really justify it. 169144-ok.gif

I also quietly wonder whether the same £7000 spent at AMD or QST might yield even quicker results. This is just speculation before I get flamed by plus owners.

btw, the S4 is 16 months old. wink.gif

Hmmm, having this discussion last week with my best bud - the whole 'initial outlay' vs depreciation/residuals vs running costs. If you can afford to buy an RS6 new, you have stumped up the thick end of sixty grand already as you highlighted above James! Totally stonking car in standard format, and, fair enough, the Plus is a fairly hefty premium. However, with such surprisingly poor residuals, money surely cannot be too much of a worry, otherwise you wouldn't have bought one. My point doesn't concern the Plus model, rather like is a new one very wise [financially] this late in the production life cycle? Bound to lose 20-25k within the first 24 months. Credit to you for having the balls to go for it, guess you got a good deal and will jump ship quickly like our Jon did. Impressive to sell for the same price you bought at - the buyer know about Cannonball?

Ian C

But its got history, with respect to old cars, history added value. I owned a Mini that featured in the Times in 1960 something, and had the clippings to boot. Sold it for a packet to someone who was after a Mini with history !

Its all good if you've been honest about it 169144-ok.gif

Well, the revised suspension in the plus might be too much for some, especially if the roads are as bad as they are round my way - the standard RS 6 gets enough of a rattling about around town, I'd give a plus about 10,000 miles in Grimsby before the owner went insane through trying in vain to find and fix rattles and squeaks.

Congratulations on the RS 6, absolutely fantastic car. If it wasn't for it's rapid accumulation of miles I wouldn't be changing mine, I still totally love it after nearly two years.

[ QUOTE ]

Come on it's over a day old and NO PHOTOS?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was dark when I left for work this morning and dark when I got home.

I'll try to take some over the weekend, although the missus and I have got 5 children under the age of 8 to look after from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening. suicide.gif

In reply to Ian's earlier post about buying the car at the end of its production life cycle, that's actually one of the reasons I bought it. I've always hankered after an RS6 so thought sod it, I'll get one before they stop being made. I get the impression that Audi are moving away from turbos and personally I think that's a shame so just went for it. And you're right, I'm not unduly concerned about depreciation. It's not that I'm so rich I don't care (before you get the wrong idea wink.gif), my thinking is more that if values hold up reasonably for a while for one reason or another then I'll probably sell it. If they depreciate like hell, then I might just hang on to it and run it into the ground or give it to Mrs B after a few years.

But my masterplan involves finding oil in my back garden.

Either way I hope to get some value for money because I intend to have a lot of fun driving it. beerchug.gif

And yes, Chris, as it will be my daily driver, the uprated suspension of the Plus was actually a con rather than a pro.

Heya James.

Fair enough, if you always wanted one then what the heck, just go for it! You are brave to use it as a daily driver though, the Tesco car park battle etc. Agree with you, a shame Audi are not using turbos so much now. Old S2 RS2 I adore, nothing beats the turbo whilstle, the low down torque then the surge as you get 3.5-4k on the clock. Never going to happen but would be nice to see the forthcoming RS4 featuring the new 3.2 V6 with biturbos....

Ian C

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's a not - I just couldn't justify the extra expense.

Now don't spoil my happy day. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, just curious. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I... How much (if you are willing to share) was it?

An RS6 would set me back $280,000.00 here - assuming I could get one of the [only] 30 coming to Oz. frown.gif

As for a "+", forget it... Grey import only by influencial billionaires.

[ QUOTE ]

So - are you going to answer my question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about the delay, but you only have to look at my previous post for an explanation:

[ QUOTE ]

the missus and I have got 5 children under the age of 8 to look after from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

RS6 basic is a whisker under £60k and I chose about £4k of options, which is exactly the amount I had knocked off the final price (so your Plus would still have cost me over £7k more, Jon wink.gif). Sadly though, I think I'll be facing down the barrel of a depreciation gun, as I'm looking at at least 15000 miles a year.

As for the Tesco car park battle Ian, it won't be that much of a daily driver - there are limits!

And I believe I read recently somewhere (possibly Evo) that there were 830 RS6s in the UK.

[ QUOTE ]

Sadly though, I think I'll be facing down the barrel of a depreciation gun, as I'm looking at at least 15000 miles a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

20 months old and 45,000 on the clock - dealer giving me £34,000 back against £57,500 when new. Now that is a trade-in price, so may be a bit high, but I'm also getting over 13% off the new car, so the RS 6 price won't be really over-egged I wouldn't think.

And Avants are supposed to hold their value better.

Ah yes - the joy of rugrats. I have a friend here who suddenly found his carefree, yuppy car-buying, big-spending coupled existence shattered by the arrival of triplets. smile.gif

£64000 is about $180K Aust. at the going conversion rate! EEK2.GIF

However, I realise that to a native, it is the equivalent of me spending $64K - which btw is roughly the list price of an R32 here. So, if I took a job in the UK, I could buy an RS6 for the price of my R32! 169144-ok.gif

All I can say is that I'm extremely envious - and hope you get a lot of driving enjoyment out of the beast. ECLIPSe.gif

(Mind you - even with global oil prices still rising, the last tank of Optimax only cost me $1.12/litre)