18's on a new Beetle

Busby

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VW's you can buy replacement seat covers and changing them is not a hard job (around 2 labour a seat for a dealer to do it) so it you wanted to buy black seat covers just buy the covers you want (around £40 for a seat base cover) and try recovering them yourself if you are mechanically minded or if you are flush get a dealer to fit them.

Front seats

Seat base cover = £40

Seat back cover = £50

Labour x3 = £180

Total = £210 x2

Rear seats

Full seat base cover = £70

Full seat back cover = £75

Labour x2 = £120

Grand Total = Around £475 for all the seats changed black.

[ QUOTE ]

Dude - if you hate Beetles so much - why are you reading the forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Work on VW'S as a job and i like to help the members of TSN with there VW problems.

We are allowed to read (and comment) on anything we want.

IMO, anyone that has had the original beetle is being very naughty buying one of these new beetles. They have less character and are only a beetle in (some of their) shape and name.

What made the beetle a beetle is not present on the new ones. Only my opinion, and the wheels look very nice. smile.gif

Thank you Mulkbear, thats a great idea!

I was thinking about taking a brand new beetle for a test drive and swapping the seats?! They might notice though!!

As for what you said about changing beetle headlights - my mechanic wont do ANYTHING to my car since he tried to change mine! (I wasn't going to admit that though!)

Lucy... have you got Black seats? I could borrow your car for the weekend!!

Bugboy x ROLLEY~14.GIF

No offence taken, what you could do is get some R32 seats and modify the seat bases, fit them and fit rear leather rear seat cover. At work we had a car come in with this done to it and it look the dogs, it also has the Golf 18" BBS chrome look wheels that were fitted to the Anniversary Golf GTI’s. But I still hate to work on them!

Yes, yes, you hate them I get it! Hee hee!

I was thinking of bucket seats as the standard seats don't really hold me in place but cant justify spending too much money on it as it must only be worth about 5K now?

Hmm... my friend has an R32. I guess any golf seat would pretty much fit with some tweeking...

Full of good ideas arent you! (except buying a Ford!!) Okay, I accept it's a good one so I'll shut up!!

Anyone tried blacking out their own car windows? I need some advice...

Bugboy znaika.gif

[ QUOTE ]

IMO, anyone that has had the original beetle is being very naughty buying one of these new beetles. They have less character and are only a beetle in (some of their) shape and name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having had 11 original bugs in every conceivable flavour (and with a much modified 1970 1500 still in the garage under wraps), Type 2s, 3s and one Type 4, I have to agree the new bugs have less character than the old ones, but that's because I got used breaking down too much and smelling of, well, old car whenever I got out of the bloody things, so the new ones have at least one plus point tongue.gif

I bought a LHD New Bug in '99 when they first came over here and it was a great car - based on the 115 bhp engine which was the same as the Mk3 Golf GTI of the time and it handled better and went a bit better than Mrs Mook's Mk3 GTI of the day. Got rid of the Bug once the novelty had worn off after a couple of years.

Would I have another one? Probably not, unless it was an RSI... 169144-ok.gif