[Audi A3/S3] Scuffed Alloys

Zool

Sleepy driving this morning resulted in my veering into a kerb at 20mph approaching a roundabout. My lovely new 18" RS6's have a wee dent in the front left one.. ROLLEY~14.GIF is there any conceiveable (and inexpensive) way of smoothing these buggers out?

Any help would be appreciated before herself gets back from London smashfreakB.gif

Depends what you mean by inexpensive. Wicked wheels do a pretty good job, I understand. I think the price is somewhere around £60 + VAT but this may vary depending on where you are in the country.

There are a couple of products on the market for minor scrapes but I have no idea what the final result looks like.

No, haven't priced replacement rs6's, I've heard various quotes between £1500 and £3000 for 4 inc tyres. It's only a small scuff/dent really, about the size of a penny.

It's a pain though when you try to keep everything else immaculate... crazy.gif

I'd consider yourself lucky mate, my girlfriend kerbed my A3 at 30-35mph. Now I have a nice big scratch around the edge of half the alloy! The car was only a month old at the time, and she was suprised that I was a little upset with her..... FIREdevil.gif

Let that be a lesson to you, don't let your bird near a brand spanking new car.

It's all good now, she won't drive the thing anymore for fear of denting it!

Same situation with me when my old man kerbed mine twice in a month FIREdevil.gif

Can you believe that he tried blameing me sportifs2.gif He comes in after the 1st incident, hands me the keys and asks ME "what have you done to the wheels?" FIREdevil.gifFIREdevil.gif I ran outside to see that a 1/4 of the alloy was scuffed HARDCORE - Told him that i'am never lending him the car - NEVER!, until the next time he took it without my knowledge FIREdevil.gifFIREdevil.gifFIREdevil.gifFIREdevil.gif

Now i just use a stering wheel lock to avoid any similar situations.

Ah well wicked wheels here i come Flush.gif

grin.gif

I've been in the same boat, a couple of months after I got my new Golf a few years ago, herself helped me clean the car by scouring the quarterpanel with the rough end of a dish sponge in an effort to remove bird poo. Lovely big circular scrape ...

I realise now she was only trying to help (your honour)...

slap.gif