2005 FABIA MAPPING

HERUT

First time here, and, a first time owner of a car which can only be 'tuned' electronically. Q: Can the do-it-yourselfer map a 2005 FABIA SKODA? This car has abasolutely no power, and, you actually have to turn the A/C OFF IN ORDER TO PULL AWAY FROM A STOP! Dealer says 'graphs look good, no problem, you'll get used to it...' Yeah, right. Anyway, I understand that there is a way to tune these cars via 'mapping' the ECU. How do you do that? What equipment do you need? Is there software and a cable to run from a laptop? Boy do I miss the days of idle set screws and timing lights. Any help appreciated! confused.gif

My 2005 Fabia is a 1.4 litre, 100HP, stick shift, petrol. Since last week my Power Steering warning light came on followed by loss of PS (later recovered by itself) and yesterday, my Check Engine light came on, I went back to the dealer's garage and bitched--louder. So, they put in on the computer and admitted, yes, there was a problem with the electronics, but that they corrected it via the computer. There is SOME improvement, but I'd still like to know if there is a way the DIYer can do these 'tune-ups' (re-mapping)himself. Special equipment? Software for a laptop plus cable? Let me know! Thanks