Companies selling personalised reg plates ?

bazza_g

confused.gif Does anyone know if "New Reg" and "RegTransfers" are one and the same company ?

I've just been having a look for a private plate for the gf and have found a suitable one but its up for sale on both websites - I know a lot of these outfits are just selling whats already available on the DVLA website and making their cut, but the plate in question isn't available direct from the DVLA ?

Those companies also list plates they know exist for a guess at market price then approach the owner if they get an interested punter.

I know this cos they listed my P2RKA plate which I owned then later sold to a guy to put on his Porka and AFAIK, he still has that plate yet it's on newreg.

Talking of plates, saw a big black Audi (new grille A6/A8 thing with tinted windows) on the M25 exiting at the A30 today displaying P1LOT.

[ QUOTE ]

Talking of plates, saw a big black Audi (new grille A6/A8 thing with tinted windows) on the M25 exiting at the A30 today displaying P1LOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

A8 L Quattro Auto

4 Door saloon

Black

Petrol

Date manufactured : 5/5/04

Reg changed : 20/7/04

wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A8 L Quattro Auto

4 Door saloon

Black

Petrol

Date manufactured : 5/5/04

Reg changed : 20/7/04

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif I'm guessing the owner of P1LOT has either had it for a long time or recently parted with a serious wedge of cash !!

[ QUOTE ]

New Reg and Regtransfers are two different companies, the reason why the same reg would be on two sights is that the owner of the reg has decided to sell the reg via both companies probably to get greater exposure.

I have a few registrations that are being advertised by several companies.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok for the individuals selling the plates but these companies are copying whats available on the DVLA and advertising them on their website (at a premium) when they dont even own them... crazy.gifmad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ok for the individuals selling the plates but these companies are copying whats available on the DVLA and advertising them on their website (at a premium) when they dont even own them... crazy.gifmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Sounds like a great business to be in ! Selling something you don't yet own for a premium 169144-ok.gif

Here's a nice example - the plate C1 BLG

262698-c1blg_dvla.jpg

262699-c1blg_newreg.jpg

hmmmm, I wonder where I should buy it from ?? smashfreakB.gif

• 11 months later...

You can sell your own plate via these companies.

It may be that a private individual is trying to get rid of the plate via both - they'd be paid commission if they did get rid for the private concerned.

Saw a plate yesterday, Merc ML - 'P14 Y**' followed by a small 'Playboy' rabbit sticker that looked like a Y.

Therefore, P14Y**Y. No point in me saying what the ** was.

Interesting plate - driven by a gangster looking type. Was outside a house near Poulton le Fylde.