GTA San Andreas

Booster

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've been playing the new GTA game most of the afternoon - haven't "got in to it" yet really. It's good, but I'm used to the graphics of Vice City on a powerful PC and initial reactions from the PS2 graphics leave a bit to be desired - quite blocky and even a bit jumpy in places.

Still, first few missions are interesting, you start off on your first mission riding round on a BMX so hopefully that's the first of many new vehicles!

I'll hopefully get a few more hours in tonight so by tomorrow should have a pretty good idea whether this is one I'm going to play to death like Vice City, or whether I'll play it a couple of times and "file it" like OutRun2 smile.gif

Anybody else got theirs yet?

[ QUOTE ]

Are you sure your satanic side didn't take over and you downloaded it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not download it. My computer did. I tried to delete it but hit the "burn to dvd" button instead. I tried to put the disk in the bin but accidentally put it in my PS2. I thought the controller was a hammer. Before I knew it I was on to mission number 4.

[quote I tried to delete it but hit the "burn to dvd" button instead. I tried to put the disk in the bin but accidentally put it in my PS2. I thought the controller was a hammer.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif thats very clumsy of you ! tongue.gif Us mere mortals have to wait until the end of the week ! I suppose thats one of the perks being the FIREdevil.gif

I spent a few more hours playing it last night - one thing I must say is the "area" is just huge. Seems a lot more complex than vice city and you can tell an extreme amount of work has gone in to designing the map. Going to take me a long time to find my way around there and get used to where things are.

A welcome change is that you can now swim, and you also get more of a chance to fight against police rather than just getting "busted" as soon as you are close to them. You can for example go up to a policeman on a bike, knock him off, and steal the bike. This is the method of transport i used to ride round the map last night for about 2 hours. Lot's of big hills, mountains, lakes, bridges, train tunnels (with trains!), twisting mountain roads, etc.

Anybody that liked vice city on the PS2 will absolutely love the new game. Personally I think the PC version was much better in terms of graphics and controllability so I'll be looking forward to getting that when it's eventually released. But a big 10/10 so far from what I've seen and I'll certainly be loading it up again tonight.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Never had a problem with being busted on GTA 3 or Vice City - having said that the stingers used in VC made getting away on a bike interesting 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever try stealing a police car? Impossible - as soon as you opened the door they would bust you...

[/ QUOTE ]

In Vice City, you just had to pinch the unlocked cop cars from the police station wink.gif

I once got busted on VC nicking the police chopper with 3 stars. Opened it up (it was on top of the police station) and then I just got busted. Bit unfair in my opinion.

To get around not getting busted when nicking a police car, just nick it from the wrong side, then hold reverse and left or right down at the same time. 9 out of ten times you'll get away without getting busted.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Never had a problem with being busted on GTA 3 or Vice City - having said that the stingers used in VC made getting away on a bike interesting 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever try stealing a police car? Impossible - as soon as you opened the door they would bust you...

[/ QUOTE ]

In Vice City, you just had to pinch the unlocked cop cars from the police station wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I found that it was easier to try and carjack the Cop car from the passenger side, then when the Cop gets out to chase you, run around to the driver's side and drive off ECLIPSe.gifFIREdevil.gif

Waiting for my Sony TV to be delivered tusesday from a fellow TSN member 169144-ok.gif

Then will await the delivery of an xbox along with San andreas to give thoughts. Until then I will continue to frequent Kazaa to find a version to "test" on my PC