what was your 1st car ?

Tomk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In 1997 also, I had a white 1.2 1987 Nova "Antibes". Me and my pal both had them, mine was a E plate, his a D tongue.gif. He had a cherry bomb on his!!

Ah man, it brings back memorys thinking about that. One of them was when we were in the 6th form at school and he'd chucked a McDonalds ketchup at my car. To pay him back I took a big bottle of mustard from the school canteen (when he was in a lesson and I was on a free period) and blitzed his motor with it!! Those were the days...

I had a 1983 MK1 Astra GTE as my first car in 1991, was spot on until i rolled it 3 times in early 1992 and ended it's life prematurely frown.gif

Best bit was the insurance back then, it was £234 for 8 months TPF&T. Still 4 weeks wages for an apprentice then though....

Jon.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Vx Viva 1300L 2 door in GOld with Black vinyl seats. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Had one of them too! grin.gif

264687-1968VauxhallVivaHB%28Small%29.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Ari you got a pic from the front? I have a 1972 mini clubman at home with the double headlamp viva grill cool.gif So need to get it back on the road! suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

or sell it too a Mini enthusiast to help with those porka fuel bills 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never... its a family heirloom... notworthy.gif Twas my fathers, and before that my godfathers!

Its a 1972 1275GT, think it still has its original Gold Seal engine, feltted with by Wood & Pickett in the 70's to include a full Webasto Sunroof, flared arches, full dash conversion. cool.gifheart.gifcool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My Viva was a new mark than that one - HC I think??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes would have been a HC. Mine was a 1968 HB (same age as me!!) Was a great car, bought it for £70, drive it miles with little bother then sold it for £135 six months later!

Mate of mine had a HA Viva! 1964 I think. Used to thrash his to death too and it kept on going. They don't make 'em like they used to (thankfully!)