[Audi A3/S3] It's arrived!

PaulM

It's finally here! The 2.0TDI S-Line DSG was delivered to work yesterday, everything was 100% fine (phew!) with only a minor scare. I noticed what I thought was a big scratch on the boot, but it turned out just to be glue from the packaging and was cleaned up by the guy from the dealer on the spot.

I have to say that I've been really impressed with the service so far (Walton Audi), but the car was supplied by Lex Vehicle Leasing so I imagine the dealers are pretty keen to keep them happy, considering the number of orders they must place.

Been really happy with the car so far, have only done about 100 miles so far though. DSG is great, although I do agree that the manual is a much more involving and flexible drive. I'm not much of a speed freak so I'm happy to sacrifice a bit of involvement for a more cruisy, relaxed drive. I'd say that if you're into a bit of traffic light grand prix action then you'd be better off with either the manual, or the 3.2 DSG with launch control.

Well, just thought I'd say thanks to everyone on Tyresmoke. I've been checking out the forums every day for the last couple of months to help me cope with the wait!

It's looking pretty grim out today, but I'll post some pictures when it brightens up.....

Cheers, and for everyone who's still waiting - hang on in there, it's so worth the wait.

Mine got built and shipped really quickly, but as my old car wasn't due to go back to Lex until yesterday, it sat at the dealers for four weeks. I'm not sure whats worse, knowing it's sitting there but you can't have it, or not knowing exactly when it's going to arrive!

Nice one.

I just bought one that was registered in august as I couldn't wait till December/January for one.

Picking it up Sunday, really looking forward to it.

Enjoy!!

EDIT: Just noticed yours is Avus Silver, I was told mine was Akoya but it was next to an RS4 that was Avus and it looked the same as that, sort of a blueish grey tint to it, will obviously find out on Sunday but just interested as to how you would describe the colour of yours?

Glad to hear you've got your car.

I have just order mine (A3 S-Line DSG TDI - Xenons, Sat Nav, Bose........+) and have to wait unitil mid Jan for delivery!!! I have tried to push Audi to increase production before the christmas break, but with little success. Oh well 3 months of reading this website and finding out on what I'm missing. Just one little thing..... I have ordered the non smoking pack on mine. Does that mean that I loose the useful ashtray in the center console for storage? Is it better if I try and delete this option? I would rather have a nice black piano finished covered ashtray than just a big gap behind the DSG box.

Cheers

I wanted the non-smoking pack, just because I'll never use the ashtray and there's no way anyone's ever going to smoke in my car! Unfortunately I missed it out from the final spec we sent to the lease company, and when I realised two days later they said it had gone production confirmed so they couldn't change the spec! To be honest I'm not even sure what the difference is, obviously you don't get the ashtray, but not sure what that's replaced with? I've just got quite a useful cubby-hole behind the ashtray (which is really small anyway) and under the climate unit, it's lit up with a nice red glow too (not sure if that's lighting pack or standard?). You also get a flip cover for the 12v socket, rather than having a cigarette lighter in it, but mine always has trafficmaster plugged in so it doesn't make any difference anyway.

As for the Avus/Akoya, I've not seen two sat together so I'm not sure. I did see a few cars around that I thought looked like Avus (were probably Akoya), but couldn't have been because they weren't s-lines (assuming they've not paid £1,500 for it!). The colour seems to change depending on the light. In the dark it looks really silver, but when it's overcast it looks more blue/purple, even when comparing to the silver wheels. It's not been sunny since I've had it so I don't know about that! To be honest I went for Avus because it was one of the exclusive options, and none of the other colours really grabbed me. I reckon that about 80% of the time you'll probably not notice a hige difference between the two, in certain light or under close inspection you probably would. It's still going to look amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

The iPod plugs into the Dension thing (see www.dension.com), that's connected to a bracket that comes out from the side of the climate control unit. The Dension thing is connected straight into the back of the head unit so quality is spot on.

They did a really good job of the install, I'm really, really glad I didn't try to do it myself. Although I'm quite mechanically minded, I think I would have spent all day at it and just ended up stressed and surrounded by bits of broken Audi. I guess you'd need to remove both the head unit and the climate control unit to get the connections and the bracket installed, which is more than I'd be prepared to do to a two week old car!

Including fitting and all the mounting bits it came to £200 inc VAT.