Secret Codes

piggies

2 questions, done all the climate codes and i get this one-

*22.1 Compressor remains off until switch closes

can someone tell me in plain english what this means please.

Also on way to essex meet this week my water temp gauge stopped working, it sometimes goes to 70 and then goes back to 60 so i have put the 51 code on the climate and it goes up steadily to 90 degrees and then stays stable, Is this info taken off the same sensor as the gauge which if it does makes me think it would not be the sensor, I cannot get to audi until next week so if anyone knows i would be grateful.

• 2 months later...

No. 49 gives you the same sensor as the pod gauge - you'll note however that they can give different readings as the pod gauge is weighed to 90 to stop drivers panicing about perfectly normal small (10deg) temperature variations.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I know this is an old post but just found it, is this check you can do the same as the diagnostic engineers do with the computer they connect into the car? only sayin that cos I pai dout £50 today to get them to check my car over and there was no fault codes and it looks like I may have been able to do it, can they really check the speedo is working aswell from those machines?

thanks

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • bison unpinned this topic