Newbie says Hello!

RossG

Hello!

Browsed Tyresmoke for a while, went to Le Mans with JHT, Lagoo, Smudge, TOK etc and had a great trip.

Finally got a PC at home and am able to interact! Its like learning to talk all over again ices_blah.gif

Drive a Fabia vRS, delighted with it, but still not 100% converted to the diesel cause shocked.gif

Cheers,

Ross.

Oh no, I got a far more embarrasing car for my 18th birthday. smlove2.gif

And no, I will never tell anyone sekret.gif

And yes, I do expect anyone who knows the answer to keep it to themselves the_finger.gif

All I will say is that it was red, had 90bhp, a floppy, floppy, floppy chassis and was an abject lesson in understeer.

Oh and Skoda is a positively ice cold brand beside it!! grin.gif

Hey, thanks for all the hellos!

Lagoo, I did survive the trip back - beleive it or not I managed to sleep, in an Elise, at 100mph on the autoroute smashfreakB.gif

Oh but the only thing... and I feel this should stand as a warning to everyone here... FIREdevil.gif

Do not give Smudge the only map in a group of cars when he is the lead car (in a faster car)! The elise crew give up the only map, smudge takes it as he is in front, and he promptly flies off at 150mph ECLIPSe.gif

We then get lost, with no map in northern France with a ferry to catch shtf.gif

Thank goodness the UK registered 911 we found wasn't on the way to his "country pile" 169144-ok.gif

All in, it added to the road trip feel - brilliant weekend.

Oh yeah, the Saudi thing - went to school there from 83 - 91 and the family have been in the Middle East for just over 20 years. Think of it as a second home...

Cheers all.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Couple of Ex-pats in here from Saudi aye Pete!! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sid' allround then beerchug.gifsuicide.gifbeerchug.gifsuicide.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Christ NO!! Bad memories...or rather no memories..

Welcome RossG good to have you here, Ive just joined really as well and its a top place...

OH and I too know JHT's car park secret!! FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hello!

Browsed Tyresmoke for a while, went to Le Mans with JHT, Lagoo, Smudge, TOK etc and had a great trip.

Finally got a PC at home and am able to interact! Its like learning to talk all over again ices_blah.gif

Drive a Fabia vRS, delighted with it, but still not 100% converted to the diesel cause shocked.gif

Cheers,

Ross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only just spotted this post..... sekret.gif

fekr.gifs the lot of ya tongue.gif

Ross, careful buddy.....or your previous car might just be let out of the closet..... UHOH7.GIF

beerchug.gif

JT

Oh, and I got my Bora TDi back today from my old colleague who was 'hiring' it from me for a few months! grin.gif

Had forgotten how relaxing it is to drive (especially compared the Coupe) and I definitely think I'm going to keep it as my 'mile muncher'. Have worked out that with the new company offices, going in twice a week will be nearly 14K miles p/a.....and that's before I've been out visiting clients EEK2.GIF Will save me a small fuel over the coming months.....!!

Hi Ross, yeah I have been across to Briskoda. Registered last year actually, just havent been able to post much. Name is Week46, probably ought to change though.

Like your Fabia notworthy.gif

Trying to use the pictures of your to persuade the Mrs that TT competition alloys would look awesome on mine. Although she agrees, she has not approved yet frown.gif

Mind you, why do I need her approval for anything smashfreakB.gif

Cheers,

Ross.

[ QUOTE ]

You must be in a new relationship, everyone knows women are worse than accountants when your spending money

[/ QUOTE ]

7 and a bit years. Getting married next year smlove2.gif. Money runs through me like water, so I need her permission to buy things because it tends to be her money 169144-ok.gif

Biggest con yet turns out to be the use of the phrase GPS in the Road Angel blurb.

I swear their was an earthquake when she realised that the Road Angel GPS was not the same as her Garmin Street pilot GPS openfire.gif

She still dines out on that one! Thinks the Road Angel is Flush.gif Apparentley Scotland is small enough to learn where all the cameras are - says thats been perfectly good for her doing 30k a year for the last 3 years. smirk.gif

Cheers,

Ross.

[ QUOTE ]

Thinks the Road Angel is Flush.gif Apparentley Scotland is small enough to learn where all the cameras are - says thats been perfectly good for her doing 30k a year for the last 3 years. smirk.gif

Cheers,

Ross.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet she still Borrows it for those long journeys!,

I would say put your foot down.. take comand...Control your life but...I'm scared for you! smashfreakB.gifyelrotflmao.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thinks the Road Angel is Flush.gif Apparentley Scotland is small enough to learn where all the cameras are - says thats been perfectly good for her doing 30k a year for the last 3 years. smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't let anyone see that! I'm still trying to justify the 300 quid I spent of a Snooper S6R suicide.gif to cover my butt on the way up and down the A9!

Cheers,

Alan