CouncilMotors

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

why do people think a badge on the front of a car means other people have to get out of your way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi_Smitten seems to be under this impression too...

ECILOP, always make me move over - Or give it some stick to get out of their way without holding them up! (Honest officer!)

[ QUOTE ]

What car do you drive on patrol, mate? cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You are gonna laugh at this one! Either a Focus 1.8 estate, a Nissan Terrano TD or a 2.2D Mercedes Vito, Bloody awful seeing as our Traffic boys swan around in

C,E or M Class Mercs or BMW X5s!! or Octavia VRS'!

5 series or tasty-looking estate Mercs locally (Durham Const) for the traffic boys.

Couple of quick questions if you don't mind Mr Smitten?

1. I've been told that most of the estate/touring TRAFFIC cars are doubled as Armed Response?

2. Traffic cars look stock, but I'm making educated guesses that they're not. - I've heard tales of engine, brake and suspension modifications so they're a bit more nimble than their showroom counterparts.

3. I was pulled a while ago and the officer told me their Volvo T5 would do 170 in a straight line... Was he trying to scare me because I was on the bike? tongue.gif

Ok here goes.

1. Yes thats true, the majority of them do double as armed reponse units but it really depends on the force! my force does double the traffic units as firearms too

2. yes they do get a certain degree of fettling but nothing major, when a car has all the kit plus fireamrs cabinets added it becomes a lot heavier, so they need some help! although some of the octavia VRS' are chipped!

3. I cant comment but I would imagine that 170 out of a T5 is Bullsh1t!

Heh, depends what they are up against I suppose. A Camaro can blast up and down straight roads as fast as you like, but whilst they may be able to outhandle the majority of American metal, they would struggle if asked to go up against something Japanese or German smile.gif

But then again, American roads tend to be wider than they are long, so you`ve got all the time in the world to sort out your car if it gets into a fish-tailing moment grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Only current Mercs worth owning: CL, S, SL and G Wagen. End of.

I'd rather drive a Vectra than a C200.

[/ QUOTE ]

iamwithstupid.gif

Erm, yeah right...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with Lodders on this one though!

YEAH RIGHT! smashfreakB.gif Also G Wagen?? Are you mad?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but obviously you haven't driven a G500. Quite superb.

C Class is a Mondeo without the performance, handling or build quality. Nice badge though. To me a C180 is like a four wheeled satellite dish.

• 1 month later...

Of course the BMW 1 series is ****. It's a fashion product. The label is everything. It's for people who pretend they live in Wilmslow but actually live in Stockport and want a 3 series but can't afford one. I laugh out loud in their faces every time I see one (which is depressingly often 'round here).

As for Mercedes, very few of the current line-up are worth having. The dealers are criminally incompetent and the cars self destruct almost as quickly as Citroens. They've been crap ever since Mercedes realised that if you build a car that'll last twenty years you won't get repeat custom every three.