[Audi A3/S3] 1.8T MPG

BURTON

[ QUOTE ]

36 MPG thats fast driving too. If I drive steady then I can get 500 miles to a tank. Wouldnt have thought the TDi's get much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing my normal driving in a 1.8T I was getting around 30 on the D.I.S, and on my tdi that returns about 46mpg.

If I stick cruise on at 70mph with the TDI it returns just under 60mpg, stick it on at 90mph and it is around 45mpg compared to under 30 with the petrol.

Ive had my 1.8T for 2 years and initially the average MPG was 34 its gone upto 36MPG. I drive average speed of 85 on motorways and dual carriage ways(no ticket yet) 80% of my journeys are on motorways or duals. I drove at 70MPH one week and got 500 miles out of the tank.

S3's are very economical (unless you're mr audipartner, of course!!) smile.gif

i drove down to south devon at the weekend and back again so in all about 500 miles. All of that was fully loaded, boot full and four adults in the car. most of the time the car was on cruise at about 90mph and i still managed to return 32mpg on the DIS over the entire weekend. Very impressive me thinks. My old A3 1.8T was a lot more economical than the S3 though so you will definately notice a big difference compared to the R.

• 1 month later...

Just discovered and signed up to this site.

My A3T Sport is a 99T plate on 80K miles (owned from new) - I have averaged around 38mpg during the last 5.5 years Normal daily drive is a 40 mile round commute with around 1.5 miles of 15 mph driving in queues. I'm hoping to do a lot better when the 2.0 TDI Sportback arrives in March. lol.gif

• 5 weeks later...