[Audi A3/S3] Engine management light

Tendaimwari

Everytime I make shell even more money by treating my S3 to Optimax the engine management lights comes on. Sometimes it goes off after some Italian tunig other time it does not. Took it into the dealers and they keep coming back saying no fault comes up so they just erase the error Anybody had similar problems? It does not notably effect performance though.

not heard this come up before on Optimax. ??

I have run two S3's on Only optimax for circa 42K miles between them and not had any errors like you mention.

any idea what the fault code was that they erased?

if not, maybe try and get someone to read out the fault code with vagcom next time.. or ask the dealers exactly what they cleared.

Audi assistance came out today and diagnosed it as a faulty coolant sensor, a common problem. The emu measures ambient temp and uses the measurement to determine engine coolant temp. If the sensor is faulty the engine cannot cool the engine suffieciently. The emu then cuts back on power to accommodate this. Problem is now solved and car is back to full power. What the technician mentioned is that engine faults are wiped out after a certian muber of engine starts also the emu will retune your engine if a fault is indicated.