Jan 2004 Silver 3Dr R32 -4700 miles - for sale.

myst

I'm offering my pride & joy. Negotiating price is £21995. Pre-Registered by Stanwell VW, Boston, Lincolnshire on 14/01/04 (53 plate) & bought by me with 51 miles on 30/01/04. 4700 miles at 22 Nov 04. Standard R32 with 6463 ECU update, Monte Carlo Cloth & electric sunroof. The only warranty work is a new pair of front brake discs @ 2500 due to excessive scoring (grit on Norfolk roads), & the 6463 update. I have applied the "exhaust valve bypass mod" but can reverse this within 5 mins. Not a stone chip or scratch anywhere......... I'm 47 & retired so this motor has not been thrashed - It has been cherished & has been used as a weekend car. I love it to bits but for financial reasons I think a diesel is more sensible for me. Obviously, the factory warranty runs until Jan 2007. The car is available in Norwich. Telephone Mike on 07776-271666 or PM me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody is interested I will gladly send digital pictures. I can well do without the advice of the likes of "S4Dreamer" who may mean well but who's comments are an intrusion................ I take the view that anybody looking for a good R32 has done their homework & knows what they want. I did mine & after looking at nasty saggy leather seats, embossed with other peoples a**e creases, I was more than happy with the cloth. At least the heated seats work perfectly with cloth - unlike the leather as I have read both here & on VWVortex umpteen times this year............ Thankyou Mr S4Dreamer but you have no business making comments on other peoples adverts unless you are trolling. I have a genuine, very low mileage car to sell & if anybody is interested then I will take pictures on THAT day & email them. I see no point in posting pictures for the world to see of a bog standard silver R32!!!! sportifs2.gif

Mikey,

<font color="green"> S4Dreamer </font> is moderator of this community, and indeed this very forum, not to mention someone who does a lot of very helpful work behind the scenes here at Tyresmoke, oh and an R32 owner, I don't think that was a very fair response.

Especially as he was trying to help you sell your car

Of course, if you don't in fact want to do this and merely posted your post in an attempt to fritter away some time on a quiet day then I am sorry.

This is one of the most helpful motoring communities you will find, not that you're giving that impression with that post.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

I can well do without the advice of the likes of "S4Dreamer"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as we are making pointless replies, thought I would add mine to this thread.

Classifieds thats a link for you to the appropriate area in the classifieds which tyresmoke also runs, but obviously as your breakfast didnt agree with you today you may have just totally ignored S4Dreamers perfectly valid remark. ices_blah.gif

I also

[ QUOTE ]

take the view that anybody looking for a good R32 has done their homework

[/ QUOTE ]

and if they've learnt anything from this post then they'll steer well clear of your R32 because even if the car's only picked up 10% of its driver's attitude its going to be a complete pig to drive.

Its been a while since I've seen anything so ungrateful on here.

confused.gif Cloth over leather iamwithstupid.gif, erm, no thanks, as for the wisdom of this decision, try selling private without leather, unless you are compensating to the tune of a grand or 2, you haven't got a hope in hell when there are lots of similarly (or better) priced R32's out there, loads on the market at present, at least in a trade in the dealer will not scrutinise your choice of not going for "nasty saggy leather seats, embossed with other peoples a**e creases"!!

mikey i have got to say you have got a big chip on your shoulder there bud . all that s4dreamer was trying to do was help you sell your car and you gave him a right tongue lashing . he also has a point about the classified section of this forum being the place to sell your car as most people tend to associate classified advertisment with things being for sale. obviously not you , at the very least you should post at least in the classifieds or even an apology and get your self a life. smashfreakB.gif

Guys, I'm very very sorry that I've upset anybody. I (wrongly) took S4dreamer as being a "smart-alec". I apologise unreservedly to him. Thankyou Inigo for taking valuable time to PM me. I read, digested & came to the conclusion that I came across as a complete w****r. I am an enthusiast, just as you all are. The suggestion by Inigo that I was getting free advertising never occurred to me. I have been offered a very reasonable £20,500 against an Alfa GT 1.9JTD but I thought that I would give the genuine R32 enthusiasts on Tyresmoke the opportunity to buy this car before it disappears into the trade.

Again, I apologise to anybody I may have offended & will now take Inigo's advice & "p**s off" from the Tyresmoke forum.

And for Fatcat - yes, it appears that I appear to be a grumpier old git than you!........ shocked.gif

Mike

Actually Mikey I asked that you reconsider and make good your comments or p*ss off. Thank you for posting that this morning. The reason I got so annoyed is that I’ve never found the members of this community anything other than utterly helpful, with many often going well out of their way to help however they could whenever I have sought their help. In the case above, as I’ve already said, S4Dreamer was merely trying to help you sell your car.

In an ideal world we don’t want anyone to ‘leave’ Tyresmoke. Perhaps you sat on a hedgehog yesterday? wink.gif

Mikey, slight missunderstanding but no permanent harm done and no worries. Remember you posting ages ago, where you been man? Shame the Golf has to go. Omitting the leather was very wise, just a shame you didn't option alcantara instead following excellent reports, especially from JHT. Goes without saying Silver is one of the rarer colours; only seen one myself, driven by a fine lady in Bedford. Anyway, great of you to allow a fellow Tyresmoker to pip your immaculate R32s' stealer exchange bid.

Enjoy the 156 GT,

Ian C

Thanks Ian C. Been in Spain for several months. The people on TSN would rather talk about buying a R32 instead of actually doing it - No cash & little credit.... I have the impression that most of the people who post on TSN are full of wind and piss & lacking in the £££'s stakes. (Unless it's on the good old credit card).

Ian, I did not buy a 156 GT. I bought a ZM Coupe for my good lady last week & ordered an Alfa GT 1.9JTD for myself. Thought the R32 was a superb piece of engineering but the rattles & lack of quality build were out of place for the price. Still, it was built in Bratislava, Slovakia rather than Wolfsburg & having worked nearby in Bosnia for 1 year & lived in Germany for 8 years I understand the lack of worker motivation (£300 a month max in the VW Slovakia Plant)........... VW have contracted out to save pennies to 3rd world countries (just like BT, Norwich Union et.al). They don't listen to their customers any more & it will all blow up in their faces in 2005. Customers are not stupid, but the boards of these multi-national conglomerates continue to categorise their customers as morons.

Mikey

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

but the rattles & lack of quality build were out of place for the price

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait till you drive the alfa for a while. I had a GT 1.9JTD from launch and it is honestly one of the poorest built cars I have ever owned (rattled and squeeked from day 1. Riddled with ABS / Traction Control problems. Car was finally rejected after just a fortnight when the seatbelt pre tensioners fired in the car for no reason. Bloody Scary!!

[ QUOTE ]

The people on TSN would rather talk about buying a R32 instead of actually doing it - No cash & little credit.... I have the impression that most of the people who post on TSN are full of wind and piss & lacking in the £££'s stakes. (Unless it's on the good old credit card).

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I wouldn't give a monkeys toss about arse holes like you MikeyPikey. Why can't you post without flaming you stupid ignorant twat. You may be 47, but act your age! I bet you have noone you can call a friend if your attitude is half as bad as it comes across on this board.

Just feck off and leave us all alone sportifs2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

...The people on TSN would rather talk about buying a R32 instead of actually doing it - No cash & little credit.... I have the impression that most of the people who post on TSN are full of wind and piss & lacking in the £££'s stakes. (Unless it's on the good old credit card).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Mikey - you don't have a chip. You have a f***ing chip shop on your shoulder.

Fact, I own my cars, not just talk about cars.

Fact, they are paid for, up front, simple.

Fact, someone trading an R32 for an Alfa needs their head examining and all the Golf drivers on here will be wiping their eyes at that comment from me, but you're obviously at an age where eyesight and brain cells detioriate rapidly.

As for your initial apology followed by hurling further insults....please don't presume we're all the a***hole that you are.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The people on TSN would rather talk about buying a R32 instead of actually doing it - No cash & little credit.... I have the impression that most of the people who post on TSN are full of wind and piss & lacking in the £££'s stakes. (Unless it's on the good old credit card).

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I wouldn't give a monkeys toss about arse holes like you MikeyPikey. Why can't you post without flaming you stupid ignorant twat. You may be 47, but act your age! I bet you have noone you can call a friend if your attitude is half as bad as it comes across on this board.

Just feck off and leave us all alone sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I wouldn't worry about to$$ers like PikeyPikey - with a bit of luck he's crawled back under the stone he came from. Earlier on in this thread he actually aknowledges his behaviour and apologises - then a few days later he's back on the offensive. He managed to get the "Newbie help!! R32 or new GTi?" thread locked for making the similar offensive remarks. I would have never guessed he was supposed to be 47 years of age !! yelrotflmao.gif