[Audi A3/S3] Picking the interior - options.

Gordo

My flatmate is ordering a A3 Diesel S-line, as you probably know the interior n/c options are both part leather part cloth. But my question is....The silver/black choice, is it as garish as it sounds, the audi uk website is rubbish. With my sensible hat on I would advise him to go for the black/black option, but the silver/black if done tastefully might be quite nice!

Any insight from anyone, or even better some pics!!! quick!

[ QUOTE ]

I've got silver/black in my cab - I'm no pimp!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to take your word for it!

Seriously though, I think the option on the A3 is half/half ie the inserts on the seats are platinum, as opposed to your, far more tasteful, full platinum seats!

I've got the black/black combination, mostly on the basis of practicality. I really liked the look of the silver/black at first, but I do loads of outdoors stuff (surfing, canoing, biking etc) so it stands a pretty good chance of getting dirty.

I don't really find it too dark with the black headlining, but I really like the dark interior anyway. Personal choice really I guess....

No I disagree. I had the same tough decision myself a few weeks ago when I ordered a A3 2.0TDI Sline. I think it depends on the exterior colour. I chose metallic silver and in which case the Silver/ Black seat look fantastic. Saw one in the garage and loved it. Apparently you can get some kind of Scotch-Guard protection for them, which guarantees against stains. I looked at the black/black trim and it just didn’t look that sporty or different. Silver/black looks brilliant with the piano finish. If you going for the black/black make sure you get the aluminium trim and the interior lights pack to brighten up the surroundings.

• 2 weeks later...