How can you disable TV Safety function

NewNiceMrMe

About to swap my 04 M3 Coupe (manual) without SatNav for an 04 M3 Convertible (SMG)with SatNav and TV. Basically the car I'm swapping to is fully loaded and I should have bought this in the first place!

Anyway, the question is that everyone knows that when you try to drive the car with the TV still on, the screen says that for your own safety this is disabled blah blah mad.gif. Does anyone know if there is an override?

See, rather than spend more money on screens for the kids in the back (which is an issue in the convertible) I'd rather just get the TV enabled for when running and they can peer through the front wink.gif! I have been told it can be done - of course the dealer won't do it though. frown.gif Any idea?

I've just been on their website (both Birds and Mobile Centre) - very interesting indeed! I can imagine what you mean about it being a dangerous place to go with wallet though. Might have to leave cards at home and take cash only! £215 is steep for the TV in Motion kit don't you think? I could have a single screen in the back for the kids for £500 (bearing in mind they won't be able to see the centre front screen properly). Probably still do it though!

M3 Conv. spec is as follows:

SMG, SatNav Pro + TV, Heated seats, Elec mirrors, front centre armrest, Tracker Horizons (same as current - couldn't park anywhere and still concentrate without it), 19"'s (again, same, but it has Conti's on so they're coming off straight away and Michelin PS2 XL's going on). Phoenix with Kiwi.

Current car had identical spec other than SMG, SatNav/TV and of course its a Coupe. Titanium with Imola - just fancied something a bit more radical and the wife likes the colour!

I did something else too - whilst I was there I left a £1k deposit on a new M3. No official data of course - just banking on it being as good! grin.gif