A4 SALOON AVANT CABRIO ESSENTIAL COLLECTION

Ari

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

I figure we've got a fantastic resource of information, stories, anecdotes etc for the Audi A4 series in this forum. However with (currently) well over 1,600 threads and over 20,000 posts a lot of this useful information is buried where someone viewing for the first time (or even someone trying to find something they've read before) is unlikely to find it.

Obviously there is a search function, but this is only useful if you've a pretty good idea of what you are looking for.

I figured it might be useful to have an "Essentials collection" thread kept sticky at the top of the forum for anyone to refer to.

Basically this will have a list of threads and information that is useful to A4 owner visiting this forum be it for the first time, or over time.

The plan is to build a resource of useful information, interesting topics, enjoyable stories, anything really that people have enjoyed reading, or that people have found useful themselves or think others will benefit from.

It can be reports, queries, storys, general information, whatever. Everyone is invited to post, if there's been a thread of interest or use to you then go dig it out and post it here.

Just add a post with a brief description of the thread you are referring to, and a link to that thread.

To do this, go to the thread you wish to link to, copy the full URL from the address bar, start a new post on this thread, write the brief description and then click the URL tag in the Instant UBB Code section just below and to the right of where you write the post. This will bring up a box. Paste in the URL, click OK, the box then allows you to title it. Fill in your title, click OK again and it will add the link and title it with your title.

Or simply add a post imparting the information you wish to share.

VERY IMPORTANT: Please do not add posts to this thread commenting on others posts or adding other comments, this is strictly for links to useful threads or for useful information, not discussion. If you wish to discuss anything posted please start a fresh thread on the subject. This is so that this remains simply an information portal, not a discussion thread.

Thank you, happy searching and posting, and finally I hope this will be of use and entertainment for everyone with an interest in the Audi A4, in whatever guise.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gcabs new A4 Cabrio 1.8T quattro review

[ QUOTE ]

Together with the puddle lights, the effect is of the mothership sweeping the surrounding ground for you to create a nice safe-zone as it lands, giving you the vague urge to leap out of it brandishing a massive gyro-stabilised bazooka, Aliens style. It's important to resist this, I found, or the neighbours start to wonder about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ari's first long trip in an Audi Cabrio cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Arriving at Hayling Island at about 12pm I switched from CD to radio as the CD had finished and that classic summer track "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley came on. It was 25 degrees, I had the windows down and was cruising across the bridge onto Hayling Island, sea glistening on both sides and as the song finished the DJ said "I reckon there are probably about 10 days in the UK when it is worth having a convertible, and this is definitely one of them". I had to smile... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]