Z4 M

xspencex

Can't remember where I read it, But it seems BMW have admitted to putting the Z4 M into production. Another insider suggests it will be powered by the new V8 destined for the New model M3... cannot confirm this and it doesn't seem how much Google bashing I do I cannot find the Origin of this info.....

Any of you lot come across this as well? confused.gif

• 6 months later...

It will be happening.

But not for a while, as the priority is the facelift of the current Z4. Not sure about timing for the facelift but I imagine it will be next spring. Z4M launch will be off the back of that but it is confirmed as being in the pipeline sekret.gif

One of the mags said it is going to come out but will use the exsisting straight 6 not the new V8.

They weren't going to do it at all early on they just didn't make enough of them to make it worth while. Maybe now using the old powerplant it makes more sense. 169144-ok.gif

Plus if you have a look at CAR mag that has just dropped through my door they are going to do a hard top coupe as well, but not in breadvan configuration this time. Something a little more sleak is being planned.

Ok so would the Alpina Roadster values drop faster than a heavy thing??

If you could all take a peak into your crystal balls it would be appriciated! grin.gif

Took one for a drive at the weekend and its a mighty fine car! Exhaust note was better than an M too 169144-ok.gif

I (and you do too actually) know a man with an Alpina’d Z4. I don’t think it’s the full on alpine version – in fact I think it’s the 3.0 but its got the look, a straight through exhaust and about to get a supercharger wink.gif

I think its for sale too wink.gif

Last week's Autocar (28th June)had a sidebar article with spy shots of a Z4 with quad pipes, and speculation that it will have the current 3.2 six.

I love the Alpina - go for it Lagoo. One blasted past me early one morning a few weeks ago in Canary Wharf, and the noise was spectacular 169144-ok.gif