Smudge

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

On it's way from the Bicester area this afternoon headed toward Buckingham. Was a red 5 door iirc. Didn't spot if it was lhd or rhd, but swear it was on UK plates though.

[/ QUOTE ] Possibly as UK Press car?

Mmmmmm i think i`ll test drive one in the new year....

Riz grin.gif

It was almost lke brainwashing, going round Autostadt/Wolfsburg all day. We left the VW Pavillion till last of all, didnt quite know what to expect from it. After sitting through a film about the VW philosophy in a sphere cinema we were guided though a set of doors, and there was the mkV GTi.

All on its own in a very bright white room, having just come from a dark cinema it was such a contrast.

What can I say, it worked I dont think I'll ever forget that white mkV GTi.

Link to my Atostadt gallery if anyones interested beerchug.gif

Im sorry but White might look good in a white room, but I hate it on both the MK4 and MK5, regardless of Spec (GTI, R32 etc). Ive seen a Red MK 5 GTI up close and this looks really nice. Was prob the one you saw Smudge. This one was a Left Hooker on the 12th Nov. Not telling where I saw it though. sekret.gif

Indeed. Requested a test drive today wink.gif

But oh my @ the price. Knocked up one on the configurator:

Engine

2.0l FSI Turbo 200PS <font color="red">£19,995</font>

Doors

3 Door £0

Gear Box

Six speed manual £0

Exterior Colour

Diamond Black (Pearl) <font color="red">£335 </font>

Upholstery

Anthracite Leather <font color="red">£1,645 </font>

Wheels

18" Monza Alloy Wheels <font color="red">£445 </font>

Options

Gas discharge (xenon) dipped beam headlights <font color="red">£725 </font>

Rear parking sensor <font color="red">£295 </font>

Front centre armrest <font color="red">£115 </font>

Electric sunroof <font color="red">£495</font>

Electrically foldable door mirrors and surrounding area lighting <font color="red">£105 </font>

Winter pack in conjunction with gas discharge (Xenon) dipped beam headlights and leather upholstery. Heated windscreen washer jets and low washer fluid warning light. <font color="red">£200 </font>

Total <font color="red">£24,355 RRP </font>

For a Golf!!!!

It would need to be an AMAZING car for me to consider it and it will take a small miracle for me to consider a return to VW after the experience with my MKIV but I need to see if I like it. For myself.

Lets see if they respond better than my local alfa dealer!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm more interested in where you've seen a White R32!!!!

shocked.gifNONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I've seen something on here in the past, IIRC it was a European chop or software generated shot but looked pretty real.

White can look good, that porka with retro decals on the flanks for example.

Damn, I'm off work tomorrow but I'm building my garden shed. Would love to have popped along and actually seen one aganist the R32.

I'm beginning to see the good qualities of the new GTi and in the right colour (black) it might be a contender, but as mentioned above £24.5k - you 'aving a larf, aren't ya!!!!

But it's only £24.5K if you load it up with extras, you can make any car expensive if you load it up. confused.gif

Its a £20K car basic, thats for a quality German mid sized hatchback that has 200hp and will reach nearly 150mph!

It isn't cheap, but it never set out to be a budget model. For what it is I don't think it is too bad.