E46 M3 19" Alloys

spencec

Does anyone know if this forum receives discount from anyone selling the 19" replicas? I am keen to purchase some and dont really want to be ripped off by BMW to purchase the genuine wheels. I have been told that some of the replicas out there are actually exactly the same as the BMW wheels for quality etc...Is this true?

I have heard the new replicas are the same fitment as the OEM M3 wheels...however, if I had an M3 I would rather purchase 2nd hand ones rather than replicas (unless I was confident of the company manufacturing the replica) I would ratherbe confident of the four closest things between me and the tarmac when I am hooning it around 169144-ok.gif

You can now seem to pick up good 2nd hand ones now for £1000- £1500 for a very good set inc rubbers

To your question there is no discounts that I know off but I may be mistaken as always!!

I'd simply try eBay. Plenty come available and you can check the wheel code stamp before buying (get the to tell you the product code). My only reservation about ebay is that at times I wonder if it is some cowboy stripping down a nicked M3. Not too long ago there was almost every component from a Seca Blue one on eBay - and I mean everything.

While we are on the subject of alloys, I hit a large pothole at about 85mph and have scuffed the left rear wheel. Can anyone recommend a place where I can get this polished out? Considering the size of the hole I hit and the speed, damage was minimal, but still enough to make ya feel sick!

Don't know anyone in Surrey, but SEM in Sunderland and Wicked Wheels (Mobile Northeast - possibly further) do stunning jobs on them. I know, they did my last cars twice after the wife had been shopping on the first occasion and then tried parking beside a foot high kerb on the second...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx for the advice ppl. I got two wheels done at the same time. Had an unfortunate incident in one of those London Spiral carparks last weeks. Some tw*t of a ASTON driver parked at a ridiculous angle so it forced me to scrape both left side wheels on the curb. It was either that or hit the Aston

I spoke with the guy who sold me the car at BMW and after a simple phone call he sorted me out with the company that BMW use for restoring alloys. Both wheels cost £110 to sort out. Not bad....they look like new again.