Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gareth

New Golf GTI - when are you getting yours?

38 posts in this topic

Have placed a deposit for a Jan/Feb build slot based on a March delivery for the new '05 plate.

This is to replace my GF's current R32 we bought last year.

Anyone else getting one and what spec/colour did you go for?

cheers beerchug.gif

Well done that man.... have decided to check out the new GTi. Can I ask why when you / GF has an R32??

Hi,

Not sure I understood your question on the R32...explain please iamwithstupid.gif

Aye, that'll be my shortened english then!!

I was asking, if I picked up what you wrote correctly, is why are you opting for a new GTi when you have an R32 at your disposal?

I took it that you / your GF will be replacing the R with the new GTi!!

169144-ok.gif

Looked at the GTI and decided I didnt want to buy a car they couldnt be bothered to paint all of the rear bumper on, so I am gunna hang on for something that arrives fully colour coded.

R32 North

yep, gonna make space fro the Gti by selling the R32...sold to the first viewer!!

[ QUOTE ]

Looked at the GTI and decided I didnt want to buy a car they couldnt be bothered to paint all of the rear bumper on, so I am gunna hang on for something that arrives fully colour coded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Shao Khan on that one...... I think its appauling that the rear bumper isn't fully colour coded and this looks even worse in the flesh....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Shao Khan on that one...... I think its appauling that the rear bumper isn't fully colour coded and this looks even worse in the flesh....

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw a light blue 3 door, TDi the other day, fully colour coded, every bit, bumpers, skirt, mirrors, etc. Just the way it should be.

I have to eat a bit of humble pie and say that it looked good, only had 16" alloys on it but it was way better looking than the GTI, simple, colour coded and clean - how a car should be !!!

169144-ok.gif

I just think it looks cheap when I car company only partly colour codes the bumpers/skirts. Does it really save that much money considering how much you are spending for the vehicle in the first place?

I agree Six, the only way to see a car is in only colour with nice fat alloys filling out the whole wheel arch smile.gif

Just ordered a Diamond Black Gti 3 door, should get it in early march as well. Got a £1300 discount. Spec is: Nav+6cd, xenon lights,winter pack , sunroof, telephone plus cradle, rear parking sens,18" monza and cruise control. I wanted the cloth seats as they take me back to the original. I've owned plenty of nice metal b4 but i think this gti does everything u need today. Looking forward

Anonymous = pile , lo all new to the forum

<font color="#666666"> If you don't mind pile, I've pasted your original 'anonymous' post into this one and binned the anonymous one. Not sure how that happened as anonymous users shouldn't be able to post without registering. Welcome smile.gif </font>

Welcome to Tyresmoke Pile/Anonymous beerchug.gif

So what have you owed in the past ?

Slight hiccup in the wheels of TSN, have to register to post in here now as with all the other forums 169144-ok.gif

Graham

Ok i might b repeating myself here as i have just tried sending this thread , but in brief and in no order Audi A4 cab, Avant ,Subaru Impreza turbo (when they were just getting popular 98 model),Leon 180, Rs2000 Fwd , Evo 330 (fastest point to point car ive owned) M3 E46 smg , New shape 530d and a quite a few more. Im 26 just turning 27 in March and im on something like my 18 th car. Ive just cancelled an order on a 997s at the Cardiff dealer ( thats another story) The Gti im going to use for work and the misses will use it on weekends ( she hopes) wink.gif

I would love that new Ariel Atom as a weekend car but am still interested in a 997.

U a big golf fan then ? I had a MArk 4 Gt 3 door Diesel, great little car and the interior was such a step up from the imprezas at the time.

Lucky, looking forward to a nice review 169144-ok.gif

How's the GTI then Barry?

Does the red really suit it and not too "in yer face?"

erm broken - keeps cutting out while driving and won't start again. Still at the dealers. mad.gif

oh and they still cannot supply a better courtesy car than a kia picanto - makes me mad.

Sorry, just read your other posts on the problems you've had...not good really FIREdevil.gif

Hope you get it sorted soon 169144-ok.gif

Just to add this!

Car broke down again on Friday night just cut out at 80 on the motorway and would not restart for luv nor money. Officially rejected the car and VW have sourced me a similarly specced replacement all be it a 5 door rather than a 3 door. All being swapped FOC as long as i stay quite!!!!! So keep it under your hats.

hahaha @ the "keeping quiet" bit.

I see what you're doing there. Stealthy wink.gif

Barry, if you're rejecting it shouldn't they replace it FOC anyway? Unless you've done loads of miles or something.

I ordered my Diamond Black GTi 3 weeks ago and I should get it in early May. Can't wait to get my hands on it smile.gif

My first post btw smile.gif

Hi GTI05

Another vote for Diamond Black 169144-ok.gif

Got to wait 'til July for mine though ROLLEY~14.GIF