New Golf GTI - when are you getting yours?

Gareth

Hi all…my first post….

Have gone for red, 18", 6cd, leather. Ordered on 4 Dec for delivery on 1 March and this week they tell me that it's not getting built until 21 March and delivered in April….grrrrrr….All was on schedule when I test drove 2 weeks ago!.still they have offered a free courtesy car till it comes. I can be patient… never driven a lupo before…

Hi all, my first post too. Hoping to get my car by around May or June. The thing is, I am in Australia and VW here couldn't tell us the exact delivery date. Btw, can someone tell me why I can't see the pictures you guys and gals post? All I get is a red X. frown.gif

Hi there, you seem to have been fortunate to get such an early delivery. I ordered mine (through Carfile) last week, so it's from Reg Vardy in Leicester, and it seems the earliest shall be the end of July. I got roughly a £1100 discount; may i ask where you ordered yours from and if you got a good deal?

Thanks...

I orderded mine on the 04/11/04 and it has been built 1.5 weeks ago, just waiting for it to come over on the transporter. Can't wait

I ordered a Red Gti, 18" alloys, spare full size alloy, 6 cd + armrest, Xenons, Winter Pack, Lux Pack 2 & Parking sensors.

I managed to get 2.5K off the list when I ordered , this was before all the great reviews. I paid 20K for the above from drivethedeal.com. They are a fleet dealer which then go to buy it from a UK VW dealer who I have been dealing with ever since.

I've considered the Phatnoise but am going to wait and see whether someone brings out a good ipod integration solution by the time I get my car. They seem to be coming thick and fast for other makes at the moment and I'd rather only have to sync one hard disk mp3 player, not to mention the extra cost