Quick sat-nav question.....

nick1972

Just a quick question chaps, as the people at my local steelers don't know the answer. On my sat-Nav display (on the map bit) there is blue circle within a circle at random points on the map. WTF is this telling me? I have slowed right down where these are and I cant see anything (I was half expecting a post box or telephone box or something)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Naa thats not it Changing. As sometimes there is a couple within a few hundred yards of each other. Its a mystery I tells ya! EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

What about your 'ring time in the Noble??

That's another mystery... ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a persistant bugger 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're persistently crap at spelling. wink.gif

Yeah I noticed someone questioned my statement of doing 'ring' laps in both CSL/Noble... NONO3.GIF To be honest with you I havent a clue about times as I dont time myself, that is a sure fire way of killing yourself/car/both. But suffice to say the Noble felt alot faster than the BM.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah I noticed someone questioned my statement of doing 'ring' laps in both CSL/Noble... NONO3.GIF To be honest with you I havent a clue about times as I dont time myself, that is a sure fire way of killing yourself/car/both. But suffice to say the Noble felt alot faster than the BM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course it would, it's made out of glue, match-sticks and bits of old Ford mondeo! yelrotflmao.gif

You're a good laugh you are. smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Naa thats not it Changing. As sometimes there is a couple within a few hundred yards of each other. Its a mystery I tells ya! EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

What about your 'ring time in the Noble??

That's another mystery... ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a persistant bugger 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're persistently crap at spelling. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for pointing that out to me fekr.gif

Well according to a BMW design technician it is! Cos' he's a contact I have in Germany.

Alternatively, he did point out that there are similar circles used to identify "Churches or points of religious worship".

Take yer pick - but I've tried it on mine 30 mins ago and it was definately close to the centre of Town, if not spot on.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course it would, it's made out of glue, match-sticks and bits of old Ford mondeo! yelrotflmao.gif

You're a good laugh you are. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You sit lower to the ground in a Noble, that tends to give a greater sensation of speed.

Definately an interesting idea....I dont know much about the Nobles. Racing Green motors near where I live have had one or two recently. Two weeks ago, driving down the M4 at about 7:45am, a silver noble came up behind me, lights flashing, desperately trying to get past, so did the next best thing and floored it. Okay he kept up til about 125...at 145 he was way behind.

I get the impression that he didnt want to play.....so my theory on this is if you are going to buy a car like a Noble, then at least have the bollox to DRIVE it!!

145...eek...as I have said on here before I like my licence and unless it was somewhere that I knew there was no-one else about I wouldn't even dare to.

The Noble I'm referring to is the GTO-3R, with 325 bhp per ton.

The Noble you're referring to must have been an early 2.5-er because the GTO-3R is a seriously fast car that accelerates from 120 to 160 like nothing else I've seen this side of £90k - but as you say he perhaps decided it wasn't wise!

My thoughts entirely. He wasnt out for fun. Beautiful looking car, sounded nice too.

I love my licence too, not that fussed on the picture though! Driving the M3 at that speed seems effortless, I would never have thought it was travelling as fast as that until I looked at the speedo.

Have had a similar experience with another M3, driven by a woman. God she had BALLS!

MOSE

Well, if we're talking about efforts to keep up with us, I have to hand it to....wait for it....a Volvo S60 T5 driver.

A1, Southbound, some time ago in my previous Coupe. Damp - but not overly wet and not raining.

Up my **** all the way at 80 and getting noticeably annoyed that I wouldn't pull in. Eventually I did...and cogged it down.

Of course the gap was widening very quickly and he was disappearing, but come to the point when I had to slow down for traffic in front he'd come tearing up behind wanting more.

Eventually, at a series of bends approaching Grantham, I went up to 110 on a tricky camber and he was still trying to hang on although I did spot he was cutting from inside to outside and back in order to keep on the road.

Then I got bored and hit a straight - from 40 mph all the traffic pulled in....bye bye Volvo. He's gone as I pulled off at the next slip road.

Credit to him though because he was absolutely killing the car and knew he didn't have a chance. But he never gave in.

He's probably killed himself by now mind you - he was that type of driver without a doubt.

As for females in M3's - I have watched one pulled into a car park and take a bright red bollard out because she was smiling at a van driver delivering food to Sainsburys.....hilarious. Aw, poor girl.

[ QUOTE ]

You can't really have a go at someone for not wanting to do double the speed limit on what must, considering you needed to be in the outside lane, have been a fairly busy motorway.

[/ QUOTE ]

M4 was fairly quiet to be honest, a few S classes and A4s around, oh and some tosser in a Lotus Carlton who thought he was Jesse Jones, but other than that a very pleasurable drive letting the occassional patrol car have its glory.

Only reason I mentioned the Noble was because I have never once driven on the motorway where somebody has been so desperate to get up my arse.

[ QUOTE ]

As for females in M3's - I have watched one pulled into a car park and take a bright red bollard out because she was smiling at a van driver delivering food to Sainsburys.....hilarious. Aw, poor girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was probably my missus, she's good at that!

MOSE

Right, just got back from playing a seven-a-side match at the indoor training complex at Madjeski Stadium, Reading, and......there it was on my screen....a little blue circle within a circle! M3Changing, it was nowhere near the centre of Reading and not a church to be seen! So wtf does it represent? Could it be the position of my ball from one of my shots tonight? ha.gifha.gifha.gifha.gif