Thoughts please ...

Ritey

)[ QUOTE ]

It looks like two sets of eys from a couple of creatures out of MIB II!!!

Not quite there Ritey..... thinking of a new zorst? Go for one that going to improve your car and don't worry if its got 1, 2 or 4 tail pipes.

Performance and quality over looks any day!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed mate, performance over looks (seen what I drive? tongue.gif ) - I can't believe a 4 pipe exhaust will add anything ? Saw one the other day on a MINI Cooper S and it was like it was trying to look like its big , brother !

Ritey, how about getting a new s/s exhaust, but keeping it hidden behind the rear valance for that stealth look? Not to everyone's tastes I know, but thats my plan whe the opportunity presents itself!

Am I right in assuming that to get a centre-exit exhaust, the spare wheel well needs to used - i.e. no space saver any more?

Weeeell......

My sister's bloke has recently sold his 6n 16v Polo, which had a Powerflow stainless steel straight-thru cat-back exhaust fitted (try saying that after a few shandies). He reckons it was approx £175 although I think it was more than that - it was fitted in place of the old standard system, i.e. hidden behind the rear valance - so possibly cheaper than usual because there was no cutting of the rear bumper and clamping on of some 5" jap-style Nova Merit stylee? Anyway I digress...

He had the guys at the garage fit all the baffles so that it was a quieter but still subtly sporty sounding exhaust note. IMHO it was superb - he once went ragging past my car on a dual carriageway, giving it the ole right foot, and the zorst sounded cool.gif

So thats why I want the same thing for mine! Hence thats why I suggested keeping it all tucked away behind the bumper - if VW's techies can do it, any custom zorst manufacturer worth their salt can do it too, and make it sound great too! My only regret is that I never heard the zorst note with all the baffles out...

BTW hope I'm helping you out here instead of rambling on meaninglessly blush.gifgrin.gif169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Wow old thread. Anyway, looked crap then and still looks crap now. I'd take advantage of the fact the GTI has a hidden exhaust - makes it more stealth and attracts less unwanted attention (I get enough hassle with the GTI badge from the usual types in A3 diesels "my car is faster, they didn't make a Polo GTI, he has just stuck that on, I'll show him!"). I have to admit twins do look good on the GTI